PDA

View Full Version : You wouldn't believe!

NicoleW
20-03-2012, 06:25 PM
After my 2.5 year old 'new' mindee left. I was down to 2 days a week again with my mindee that I've had since a baby, on one hand it's nice to have a few days off, on theo ther my bank balance is suffering and I get impatient come friday waiting for monday to come around again so I can see LO!

Had a phone call thsi evening for someone who needs part time childcare, min 2 days a week max 4 days a week, 8:00am - 6:00pm.
He came around this evening and the little boy starts on friday, only one problem is that the boy doesn't speak English and can only understand a little bit.

So for now I won't be taking on any more children as I think this new boy needs a bit more care from me, he's coming up to 3 years old and w ill be starting preschool in September so will leave me then as I wouldn't be able to get him to that preschool and pick him back up but I'm excited for this new challenge.

He is from Zimbabwae (sp) and about as tall as my 6 year old! It's gonna be tough for the both of us I reckon but my goal is to help him achieve some basic grasp and understanding of the English language by September to help him cope better in preschool.

miffy
20-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Well done - nice to have a challenge, hope it works out for you.

Miffy xx

Tatjana
20-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Sounds fab, well done too!

rosebud
20-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I had a little girl from India start at the same age a few years ago and she was speaking English within 3 weeks - it was amazing. I just learnt a few basic words in her home language before she started (her mum taught me) and away we went. Make sure you know the world for toilet!

Zoomie
20-03-2012, 07:10 PM
When your mindee comes, greet him at the door with 'Kun-jani'.

(the 'a' sound is as in 'arm').

I lived in Zimbabwe for about 12 years ago :thumbsup:

sarah707
20-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Crikey that will be a challenge! Well done you for embracing it :clapping:

flowerpots
20-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Good luck huni, bet he will be chatting away well before september. :thumbsup:

Maza
20-03-2012, 08:56 PM
What a lucky boy to have you! x

kellib
20-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Sounds like an exciting challenge, keep us updated :thumbsup:

primula
20-03-2012, 09:51 PM
It will be fine and fun! I have had several children that have little english to begin with and i have always been surprised at how well they settle in so quickly without any problem, you will surprise yourself how much sign language you do!