PDA

View Full Version : Moan - gross thread

Beetlejuice
20-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I am so sick of SNOT!!!! I've got three under twos today and all three have streaming icky green noses. I can handle poo, wee, vomit but absolutely detest snot with a passion. They lick it, wipe it on you and the furniture and scream merry hell when you try to wipe it!!!:(

Anyone want to hazard a guess at how long it will be before I get a cold :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
20-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!!!!! I have had the same with three of mine for the last three months :laughing:

At last two of them have cleared but one seems to have a permanent runny nose and he dribbles. I hate it, I'm so glad my own children weren't dribblers.

Normally I'm quite hardy and only get one cold a season. This year though I have had to have a day off work because I got the sore throat version and felt as if someone had attacked my throat with brillo pads and ended up on antibiotics. :(

Pipsqueak
20-03-2012, 05:06 PM
the kids have already shared the Snot monster with me and I have a stinking cold:(

like you I detest snot... the eldest jsut turned 3 just wipes it on the back of his hand and then on the nearest thing or person or even dog! He knows how to use a tissue:rolleyes:

breezy
20-03-2012, 05:23 PM
dd full of cold and snot as is 4 yr old mindee who cuffs it :panic:

flowerpots
20-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Ive got 2 full of snot at the moment, one licks it, the other cuffs it, both know how to use a tissue! Disgusting. :rolleyes:

cherry
20-03-2012, 05:42 PM
My 3 under two's today were full of snot as well. Yuk

stargazer1
20-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I have a massive problem with green snot as well, you are not alone. It actually makes me gag :eek:

kellib
20-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Both my mindees are full of it just now as well, it's delightful! :rolleyes:

singingcactus
20-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Yep, my three under 2's are snot bots at the moment too lol. The schoolies are too and they snort and suck it till I want to puke!!!!

miffy
20-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Hate snot, can't stand to see it on sleeves or tongues going out to lick it in but worst of the lot are two green candles when I know I have to wipe it! :eek::panic:

Miffy xx

SYLVIA
20-03-2012, 08:23 PM
LO today came out of pre school. Both sleeves were stiff with snot. He also has a habit of licking his hand from top to bottom, then wiping it the full length of his face. Holding hands to cross the road is the moment I hate most! Good job he has a hood is all I can say

samb
20-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Me too - totally relate to it at the moment- seems all my minded children are thick with snot at the moment - 1 with gunky eyes today too which looked like snot poor boy.

watgem
20-03-2012, 08:46 PM
same here all 3 mindees have been like it for months, and one has chronic dribbles too, all I can say is thank goodness for alcohol gel I think I should buy shares in it lol!

ja8estar
21-03-2012, 08:26 AM
We have a snot invasion at the moment and I have also caught the snots
I think the worst kind of snot is the snot rocket that blasts at lest 50 foot
catching unsuspecting small children adults and furniture by surprised
:eek:
naturally all cooking activities are put on hold during the snot season:blush:

cara1235
21-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Yep I have 2 full of snot at the mo and 1 of these has had it for 2 weeks and has the horrible cough to go with it but the thing i detest the most is the ONION SYRUP his mum brings for me to give him for the cough, i dread him having a cough, i only have to open the lid of the syrup and it stinks the house out!!! ( although i will admit that it does seems to help him)
My dd caught the cold off the mindees and yesterday we ended up taking her to drs because it had gone to her sinuses and she has an ear infection now, then at lunchtime she said mummy my ear popped!! we looked at her ear and OMG the gunk coming out was unbeleivable,, ( the ear drum had burst!) Hoping today will be a better day

Mollymop
21-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I have 2 under 5's that ar efull of cold, they just can't seem to get rid of their runny noses. My littlest mindee is the worst bless him, its a constant runny nose all day!! I am forever wiping his nose and washing my hands!! lol. I get through so much loo roll..

babs
21-03-2012, 12:11 PM
im not one to take anything with a cold normally let it run, its course but after having 12 weeks of illness before xmas, in jan i brought vickes first defence used it for 24 hours after on set of a cold had started 24 hours earlier i was surprize it worked and the cold went. Anyway saturday woke up with what cud only be decribed as razor blades at back of throat took vicks ffirst defence again and sunday woke up with just dry throat and monday gone completely.. so i can highly recommend vicks first defence pricey but worth every penny. got two with colds and sore throats at moment snot i dont mind cant be doing with sick got one that throws up every time she coughs cant send her home cus its just rubbish or what she is eatting at time really feel for her cus she trys to stop herself little darlin..:(

The Juggler
21-03-2012, 01:37 PM
i'm hearing you. 4 weeks of non stop green stuff in this house - endless boxes of tissues and streaks all over me, and everywhere else.

please make it stop :laughing:

Beetlejuice
21-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one!!:laughing: Luckily only one mindee today and whilst he was snotty he was fine when I asked him to have it wiped and didn't try and wipe it down me lol

tashaleee
21-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I have a 2 year old that has now mastered the word 'disgusting' - yep its aimed at him and he is a licker..... :panic: gross springs to mind... might be the word I teach him next week - he is, however, proud that he can say disgusting..... and he tells me nose disgusting on a regular basis..... His mum is amazed as its the longest word he can say.....

mushpea
21-03-2012, 09:08 PM
another snot hater hear,, one of my mindees has it dripping of her nose yet still does nothing about it yet she is almost 4yrs old and has been wiping her nose herself the past year but today she refuses and as a result I banned her from the play room untill she wiped it! number 2 mindee who is 3yrs picks his nose then wipes it on the tissue! at least the attempt is there I suppose and number 3 mindee starts to cry when he knows his nose is running cause he knows i will chase him with a tissue! number 4 mindee, 8 months, has her first snotty nose and as i wipe it she moves her head from side to side so smearing it everywhere yucky!
what annoys me more though is number 1 mindee and the schoolie both spend the whole time sniffing and it you can here it bubbling each time they do ,, ew,ew,ew,ew, you would think a 5yrold would know how to blow her blooming nose