PDA

View Full Version : cheap craft bits

Nikki125
20-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know where to get cheap craft bits, i love doing craft with the mindees but its working out very expensive constantly buying card, paper paint, glue, sticking bits etc. Where does everyone else buy their craft items from? :panic:

miss mopple
20-03-2012, 11:06 AM
I use crafty crocodiles and the pound shop alot.

I also save card etc from packaging for craft. I cut down cereal boxes when they are empty and the rate we go through cereal it really mounts up quickly :thumbsup:

I save all sorts of bits (buttons, ribbons, use old clothes to cut up for fabric scraps when the kids outgrow them if they are tatty) and we also use stuff we collect out and about too. You just have to be creative and it doesnt have to cost a fortune

Twinkles
20-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Jumble sale;
Glittery fabrics , ribbons , buttons etc.

Wilkinsons;
I was really surprised at how cheap their craft stuff was.

Pound shop;I got some pom pom bunnies to make an Easter craft , also some fluffy chicks ( yes Pip they were going cheap !! :D )

If you get together with another minder or two you could join a scrap store. I got some gold card stock from there that lasted me two years - and we are always doing craft.

miffy
20-03-2012, 12:25 PM
If you have the Works or Home Bargains near you they often have cheap crafty bits.

Also Tesco or Sainsburys in the sales, you can pick up some bargains.

Scrap paper I always get from either DH or parent's workplaces.

Miffy xx

Tatjana
20-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I get the vast majority of mine from £land, 99p Stores and Home Bargains.

Newbie1!
20-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Jumble sale;
Glittery fabrics , ribbons , buttons etc.

Wilkinsons;
I was really surprised at how cheap their craft stuff was.

Pound shop;I got some pom pom bunnies to make an Easter craft , also some fluffy chicks ( yes Pip they were going cheap !! :D )

If you get together with another minder or two you could join a scrap store. I got some gold card stock from there that lasted me two years - and we are always doing craft.

Have just been in Wilkos and got far too over excited at the range of easter things they have in as well as craft things....they had a set of make your own picture frames with three frames in for £1.00!! Brill :thumbsup::thumbsup:

leeloo1
20-03-2012, 06:45 PM
For collages I've started cutting up the kids old comics and also clothes catalogues - ones like kids' Boden seem to come all the time and have lots of pretty colours that look nice stuck down. :)

betty boop
21-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Crafty crocodile is fab but beware you can get carried away.

ziggy
22-03-2012, 11:25 AM
ELC paint only 50p at the moment

caz3007
22-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I have requested seed and plant catalogues in the past and we have done colour themed collages. Actually need to get some more as we are doing colours at the moment

Nikki125
23-03-2012, 09:19 AM
ah thanx everyone, i have now got far too carried away on crafty crocodiles. x x x x