PDA

View Full Version : Good free apps for children

jadavi
20-03-2012, 12:56 AM
After discovering the wonderful app ' traditional story teller ' (ok it was 2.99) I'm keen to find more good ones for mindees to enjoy. Any good free ones or cheap ones that are really good?

Ja

onceinabluemoon
20-03-2012, 07:22 AM
ON what platform hun? (e.g. iPad, iPhone or android etc) not sure that platform is the right word but I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

iPad: I have a ladybird books one that the children love, it reads to them and they can touch the pictures etc for noises/sounds. I also have one called Ninja fruit which has really helped a child I have with poor motor skills (you have to draw a line through the fruit to make it explode as they move down the page, but miss the bombs - not sure if it has a minimum age).

The older children also like Angry birds, which takes a little working out so not great for really little ones.

amanda1309
20-03-2012, 07:58 AM
We love ladybird books the little ones love it.

My bigger kids love angry birds, fruit ninja and dragon vale .

AgentTink
20-03-2012, 08:48 AM
We also love the ladybird books one, it is well worth paying for. I also bought elmo abc's for my little girl who is 31 months, and she's loves it. She after three weeks is really good at tracing the letters with her fingers and can spot and say 8 letters. We also got bee bot which is a free game, which is really good for three and up.

angeldelight
20-03-2012, 08:50 AM
We love ladybird books the little ones love it.

My bigger kids love angry birds, fruit ninja and dragon vale .

Same here I like angry birds myself ha ha

Angel xx

Mouse
20-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Mine like Bee Bot, Peppa Pig (though I think I paid for that), the Ladybird books one, Tap the Frog and some of the light up drawing ones, but I can't remember the names.

They also like Talking Tom Cat & it's particularly good for helping encourage talking as the cat copies what they say, but in a silly voice.

jadavi
20-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Great' will try these ! Thanks
I was talking about iPhone 3
I will be sorely tempted by an iPad soon I think xx