PDA

View Full Version : waiting for ofsted to call

sarah c
19-03-2012, 04:39 PM
hiya ofsted paperwork all sent off now and back to playing the waiting game, has anyone got any helpful tips that can help me get ready for when they come

thanks in advance :)

x

Beaka
19-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm in the same position, just waiting now!
Carol xx

sarah c
19-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm in the same position, just waiting now!
Carol xx

i hate it every day is dragging even more. hope everything goes ok for you
xx

sarah707
19-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Get as much done as you can so there's less to do later...

Have a good read through the pre registration question booklet and make sure you can answer the questions too!

I hope it hurries along for you :D

lisajones1980
19-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Me too! My details have been passed onto prospects, so just waiting..............

Beaka
19-03-2012, 09:01 PM
i hate it every day is dragging even more. hope everything goes ok for you
xx

Hope all goes well for you too, keep posting and we can compare progress:laughing:! xx

Beaka
19-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Me too! My details have been passed onto prospects, so just waiting..............

Looks like there are a few of us waiting, hope it all goes smoothly for you. I am not quite new though as I was a childminder for 8 years, way back! xx

sarah c
19-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Hope all goes well for you too, keep posting and we can compare progress:laughing:! xx

will do and you they want to hurry up though i want to start working lol xx

lisajones1980
19-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I know! Especially when prospective parents are asking for progress too! :(

kat27
20-03-2012, 08:34 PM
It shouldnt take to long. I sent my forms back the middle of Jan and was registered on Fri. It took a week from Ofsted sending my form to prospects for them to ring and they came out the following Fri. I would definitely go through your Pre reg booklet. I got asked about safeguarding, behaviour, menu samples, and the stages of L&D. She wanted to see all my policys and procedures and asked me about some and also my risk assessments. I did the whole house/garden, car, walking to school etc, visit to park and outings in general (she seemed quite happy with them).
Hope they get in touch soon, i was so nervous but it went really well :D

Beaka
20-03-2012, 09:07 PM

Can I ask how you knew your details had been passed on?
Thanks xx

lisajones1980
21-03-2012, 08:30 AM
I've chased Ofsted to see what was happening with my application. When I called last Friday they said my details had been passed onto prospects.
I'll start reading through all my policies and do some more risk assessments for my folder!

kaykaymoo
23-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi there, im waiting too!! I sent all my paper work off end of last week, it says on the forms it could take up to 12 weeks!! can any one tell me does it really always take that long?

Thank you :)

sarah c
23-03-2012, 10:52 PM
i think its different for everyone ive heard different stories im still waiting but fingers crossed i will hear something this week, but keep us updated so we know how you are getting on hopefully we can celebrate soon (as well as getting stressed lol)

xx

miffy
23-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Hi there, im waiting too!! I sent all my paper work off end of last week, it says on the forms it could take up to 12 weeks!! can any one tell me does it really always take that long?

Thank you :)

I think it depends where you are in the country and how busy Ofsted are. Fingers crossed it won't take that long for you.

Miffy xx

kaykaymoo
24-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Oh yeah, I hope so for all of us that are waiting that its not too long, it has taken so long all ready and like you i just want to start working!
As you say, hopefully we will be celebrating really soon!! good luck:)

kaykaymoo
24-03-2012, 07:53 AM
I think it depends where you are in the country and how busy Ofsted are. Fingers crossed it won't take that long for you.

Miffy xx

thank you, I hope its not too long :)

sarah c
24-03-2012, 09:27 AM
wooooohooooooo crb papers are here and will be sent back to ofsted today or tomorrow seeing family today but i WILL fit it in today i need and want them off asap lmao

hope you all hear something soon

xx

Beaka
24-03-2012, 10:07 AM
wooooohooooooo crb papers are here and will be sent back to ofsted today or tomorrow seeing family today but i WILL fit it in today i need and want them off asap lmao

xx

Great news! Although when I sent my crb's back it took a week for ofsted to send them off :angry: I can check on the system now though and I'm at stage 2, no idea how long the stages take though.
Have a great weekend :) xx

kaykaymoo
24-03-2012, 05:13 PM

xx

We are def at the same stage, I got mine today too!! ha ha!! Im gonna get mine off by Monday too, lets hope this bit goes really quick!! good luck :)

sarah c
25-03-2012, 11:52 AM
We are def at the same stage, I got mine today too!! ha ha!! Im gonna get mine off by Monday too, lets hope this bit goes really quick!! good luck :)

wow thats good then hopefully it wont be long now im fed up of waiting i just want to get started

Good luck keep us updated
xx

miffy
25-03-2012, 09:33 PM
That's great news for both of you :clapping:

Another step closer :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Beaka
26-03-2012, 11:08 AM
My crb check has moved to stage 4....progress!! :) xx

sarah c
26-03-2012, 03:12 PM
i know im so excited but also nervous lol
all crb forms have been sent off on saturday now the waiting game beings again

good luck every one
xx

kaykaymoo
26-03-2012, 08:38 PM
i know im so excited but also nervous lol
all crb forms have been sent off on saturday now the waiting game beings again

good luck every one
xx

Got mine all sent off today!! Good luck to everyone too, :)

Beaka
26-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Got mine all sent off today!! Good luck to everyone too, :)

Shouldn't be too long for both of you now, then you'll be waiting and watching the crb stages...like I am several times a day!! Good luck xx

ladders
27-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I started process in November and just got my certificate on Saturday!! I guess it really does depend on where you are!!! Ofsted are much less scary than I could have imagined - woman who came here was lovely - they're not testing you - they need you too!!!! A lot of it is common sense and they just want to know that you're not a div and responsible!!!! Hope it all goes well for you all xxx :laughing:

kaykaymoo
28-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I started process in November and just got my certificate on Saturday!! I guess it really does depend on where you are!!! Ofsted are much less scary than I could have imagined - woman who came here was lovely - they're not testing you - they need you too!!!! A lot of it is common sense and they just want to know that you're not a div and responsible!!!! Hope it all goes well for you all xxx :laughing:

Ha ha , Ahh thank you x

sarah c
28-03-2012, 09:44 AM

lol this has made me giggle this morning i feel like a div today alot of things have gone wrong but i think its lack of sleep at the moment

xx

ladders
28-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I feel like a div most days!!! This process is enough to make you crazy!! :eek:

sarah c
28-03-2012, 08:25 PM
I feel like a div most days!!! This process is enough to make you crazy!! :eek:

that is true but im sure i will see light at the end of this VERY long tunnel lol
xx

Beaka
29-03-2012, 12:32 PM
My crb has completed all it's stages and has been dispatched today :clapping: Much quicker than I thought, it's taken just over a week..amazing! Hope all yours are as quick :) xx

kaykaymoo
29-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Wow really a week!! I thought it was going to take much longer than that!! oooh I hope mine is done that quick. I had a look today and it was not on there yet, but i did only send it off monday, ill check again tomorrow, so whats the next stage for you then? is it the Ofsted visit? fingers crossed for you. all the very best :)

Beaka
29-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Wow really a week!! I thought it was going to take much longer than that!! oooh I hope mine is done that quick. I had a look today and it was not on there yet, but i did only send it off monday, ill check again tomorrow, so whats the next stage for you then? is it the Ofsted visit? fingers crossed for you. all the very best :)

Thank you. Yes I should be getting the call any day now! So excited but a bit surprised as it's just short of 4 weeks since I sent my forms back to ofsted and on the briefing course she said it was taking 12 weeks for ofsted to call!
It takes a few days for the crb info to get on the system but I hope it's as quick for you. Keep posting to let us know :) xx

kimnolan87
29-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm in a similar position too - have just received the CRB forms yesterday, and getting them verified tonight, ready to send off tomorrow. Did anyone else send them special delivery?

Hoping it's quick for me - I can't wait to get started!! Good luck to everyone else!

Kim x

sarah c
29-03-2012, 07:09 PM
wow a week thats amazing fingers crossed mine is in soon, i keep checking aswell i just want to see it on there at least im one step closer :)

sarah c
29-03-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm in a similar position too - have just received the CRB forms yesterday, and getting them verified tonight, ready to send off tomorrow. Did anyone else send them special delivery?

Hoping it's quick for me - I can't wait to get started!! Good luck to everyone else!

Kim x

mine went special they were there by 1pm the next day and i traced it :) (had to make sure it got there lol)

xx

LinziH
31-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi all :)hope everything is moving along nicely for you all :)

I sent my registration forms, cheque and (I hope)( my GP will have sent my health declaration back to ofsted. What is the next step?

xxx

Beaka
31-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi all :)hope everything is moving along nicely for you all :)

I sent my registration forms, cheque and (I hope)( my GP will have sent my health declaration back to ofsted. What is the next step?

xxx

You will get a call from ofsted to confirm they have your application and then your disclosure forms for crb will arrive in a few days. :) xx

kaykaymoo
04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi all, quick up date, my crb's are on the system and are at stage 2! :jump for joy:
woo hoo, hope the next stages move on quickly!!:)

kimnolan87
04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Hiya girls,

I know I have read it somewhere, but where do I go to check my CRB progress?

Glad things are moving quickly for us all! xxx

lisajones1980
04-04-2012, 06:19 PM
CRB Homeoffice site. You need your reference number on the CRB form you completed. As far as I'm aware without it you cannot check progress online. :(

kaykaymoo
04-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah, i think your right you do need your ref no. to check them :)

pinkellifun
04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
I sent my forms in at the beginnig of March and then sent my CRB checks back 27th March. Called Ofsted today to check up and everything is ready and they told me to contact prospects to arrange a visit. I called and had to leave a message! :rolleyes: Nothing like bursting my bubble! Will try again tomorrow if I haven't heard anything as I'm dying to get it over and done with.

Have all my policies in place, my risk assessments almost complete and a LO waiting to go!

Good luck everyone! It won't take you too long I'm sure.

x

lisajones1980
04-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I had to wait for them to call me. At least you get to make the 1st move!

Good luck! I've had my visit today (she called me yesterday!)

Took 8 weeks from sending my forms off to today. :)

Just need to wait for the certificate - anyone know how long that normally takes to arrive?

Lisa

sarah c
13-05-2012, 09:39 PM
omg ive only just seen these replys im so sorry hope you had your visit im still waiting they have told me they have till the 21st of may which feels like a life time away :crying:

Beaka
13-05-2012, 11:14 PM
omg ive only just seen these replys im so sorry hope you had your visit im still waiting they have told me they have till the 21st of may which feels like a life time away :crying:

Aww it's not that long really! I was registered on 3rd May but no mindees yet although I'm not in a rush cos I've a bit more to do to be ready for them :panic:
Good luck with yours and hope it's soon xx

sarah c
14-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Aww it's not that long really! I was registered on 3rd May but no mindees yet although I'm not in a rush cos I've a bit more to do to be ready for them :panic:
Good luck with yours and hope it's soon xx

thank you it seems forever everything is nearly done though just checking everything over and having a very good clean up lol

x