PDA

View Full Version : Teething Necklaces

pinky33
19-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I understand the benefits but my question is would you allow them in your setting?
We have a little one who wears a necklace and anklet, the anklet is mostly tucked in socks but the necklace makes me nervous :s
We try to remember to remove at nap time but mum gets cross if we forget to put it back on, he mostly leaves it alone but other children have pulled it a couple of times.
So what's your take? Yes or no?

little chickee
19-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't really like jewelery on babies.
I think its unneccesary and potentially hazardas.

I would more than likely not allow a teething necklace.

amirose
19-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Teething necklaces have each bead individually sewn on so that if it broke the beads would stay attached and would not scatter all over the floor like you would imagine. Thgey are also designed to snap if any pressure is put on them. They are designed to be safe to be worn by small children. I have never had any problem with them.

wendywu
19-03-2012, 04:44 PM
One of mine wears one, i am ok with it :D

singingcactus
19-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with a child wearing one, in fact I have recommended them in the past. I currently wear an adult sized one, and a couple of bracelets, for my arthritis, they are no danger at all. As long as it is short enough so the child cannot get it into his/her mouth then it is a perfectly safe item.

sarahjane
19-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I had a little one visit the other day (potential customer) wearing a teething necklace and I am absolutely fine about it. I am a great believer in alternative therapies and if the parents feel they help then that is fine with me.

rickysmiths
19-03-2012, 05:18 PM
You need to check with your insurance company what they want you to do. For example NCMA won't cover you if a child wears earrings. They have to be removed or tapped back and front for insurance to be valid.

pinky33
19-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Good idea to check with insurance I didn't think of that.
I wear two Amber bracelets so I appreciate their benefits :)

Roseolivia
19-03-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a mindee who wears one of these. I've had no problem with it, he never touches it and even my other small ones don't bother. The big kids however are very inquisitive as to why he wears a necklace.

sandy64
19-03-2012, 06:45 PM
You need to check with your insurance company what they want you to do. For example NCMA won't cover you if a child wears earrings. They have to be removed or tapped back and front for insurance to be valid.

wow i didnt know that you learn somethink new every day:)

Mouse
19-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I've had 3 mindees who wear them. I have no problem with them. The children wearing them have taken no notice of them at all and neither have the other children.

bec123
19-03-2012, 09:14 PM
My dd wears one 24/7 - they're her happy beads - as soon as you take them off she turns into a little monster! She never bothers with them and like someone has already mentioned they will snap under pressure but not into 100 pieces - don't think that they should be a problem x

Tealady
19-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I've only just heard of teething necklaces, never had a child with one though. Interesting to hear that the LO's don't touch them. I thought they were meant to be chewed on like a teething ring :blush: . Might have to Google them now to find out more LOL