PDA

View Full Version : arrgh smoke!

mushpea
19-03-2012, 03:22 PM
coming out of my ears !! I just had a brainwave,, dosent happen to often hence the smoke and i am sure this has been thought of before but I thought I could get a plywood tree shape then add different things each year so now its spring we could add tissue paper blossom and some buds and in the summer add leaves and birds then autumn change the colour of the leaves and ad in squirels and hedghogs etc,
BUT
where on earth do I get a plywood tree??? My OH might be able to do somthing but just wonded if there was anyone on here who had anything similar and where they got it from

Toothfairy
19-03-2012, 03:49 PM
May not be what you are looking for but thought this might be an idea.

http://www.henandhammock.co.uk/products/product_detail.aspx?274,20,0,0,0

HTH :thumbsup:

JulieA
19-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I've just made a tree for my playroom from thick cardboard. I have cut out the trunk from the main bit and the branches from the 'wings' of the box. Then I mixed up some brown paint and got the children to paint it. We have collected some twigs from the garden and we are going to stick them to the cardboard tree to add texture. Then our project throughout the year will be to make the bits for the tree with each season. I am also going to incorporate the children's birthdays and festivals.

The only issue I am having is sticking it to the wall so it will stay in place!

AliceK
19-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure where you could get a plywood tree from but we have the same sort of thing on my playroom window. A bare tree made from brown craft card stuck to the window and then we add things to the tree depending on the season etc. The children had great fun in the autumn collecting leaves which I then laminated and cut out and we stuck them on the tree. It makes a lovely display :thumbsup:

xxxx

rickysmiths
19-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I do mind on a cupboard door and use the crinkly brown packing paper you get in parcels.

manjay
19-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I do similar but using a dried out branch. It is wedged in a plan pot with stones and we dress it to match the season. It is full of hanging easter eggs at the moment.

jayjay1963
19-03-2012, 07:25 PM
There is a member of this forum whose partner made Christmas trees from plywood last year, think her name is Kindertime

mushpea
19-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I do similar but using a dried out branch. It is wedged in a plan pot with stones and we dress it to match the season. It is full of hanging easter eggs at the moment.

ooh i like this idea as well, our local woodlands have been copiced quite a bit so i might be able to get a 'real' tree (branch) from there
I liked that 3d tree to on the link but i think the branch would go down a lot better.
thanks folks

flowerpots
19-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Sounds like a fab idea. :thumbsup:

elaineg
22-03-2012, 03:01 PM
If you put in tree wall art in ebay they have lots of different trees if that is any help xx

stardust
22-03-2012, 04:23 PM
I've just made a tree for my playroom from thick cardboard. I have cut out the trunk from the main bit and the branches from the 'wings' of the box. Then I mixed up some brown paint and got the children to paint it. We have collected some twigs from the garden and we are going to stick them to the cardboard tree to add texture. Then our project throughout the year will be to make the bits for the tree with each season. I am also going to incorporate the children's birthdays and festivals.

The only issue I am having is sticking it to the wall so it will stay in place!

And comments like that was the reason I was banned from using a staple gun :rolleyes: god I miss that staple gun.

JulieA
22-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes Tara, I'm slowly wearing hubby down to relent and let me use silicone or double sided carpet tape!