PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic start to the day!

NicoleW
19-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Parent dropped off LO, was just closing the door where I heard
"Oh Nicole, by the way you have a half eaten mouse on your driveway"

Thanks... Cat!

Can't go to playgroup this morning as my eldest just had chicken pox so I don't fancy infecting all the other children lol, so we have just moved a planter into the back garden and I'm going to start cleaning the back garden up today, seperate half of it off for the childrens use and see where to go from there I think :)

I really want to put some crash mats down as we have stones and some flag things but I'm not sure

Mouse
19-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Yuk!

I went outside at the weekend & found 2 dead baby rats on the garden. Luckily the cat always leaves them in the same spot, so it's the first place I look to see what he's left for us :rolleyes:

We're off out into the garden when the little ones arrive. I'm having a blitz and have moved all the garden toys out. I'm waiting to see what they think of a clear space to run :thumbsup:

NicoleW
19-03-2012, 10:30 AM
And in other news, sleeping

My mindee usually with me 2 days a week is now with me for two full weeks starting today and I'd like to form a better sleeping routine

At home he sleeps at 10:30 for about two hours, same at his aunties when he is with her wed - friday.

Here he sleeps about half an hour to an hour max after lunch and he's usually quite ratty and tired and clingy about an hourb efore pickup and mum says he is generally really grumpy when they get him home around 4:30.

At the moment I have to rock him in the pushchair and then transfer him to a travel cot, however I'd like to be able to get him tos leep without the need of the pushchair as sometimes it's quite difficult especially when I have my LO around.

I can only use myd ownstairs for childminding. I have a front room, bathroom, toilet, hallway and kitchen I can use. Can I put the travel cot int he hallway so he has some ''privacy'' or does he have to be in the same room as me at all ttimes?

mushpea
19-03-2012, 10:49 AM
mine have been in the garden for ages playing with sand and rolling balls down our guttering waterfall thingy,, the 3yrold has worked out that if she builds a small tower of the wooden building blocks she can reach the higher guttering so thats my ob for the day.
Its beautifuly sunny here and I am begining to wonder if I should start asking parents for hats and suncream already!

LOOPYLISA
19-03-2012, 11:13 AM
We have 4 cats need i say more, birds, mice, frogs, you name we have had :rolleyes:

blue bear
19-03-2012, 01:39 PM
No reason why lo can't sleep in your hall way as long as it's safe and you check lo reguarly.

jane5
19-03-2012, 01:41 PM
I have had to close up my cat flap as my cat bring everything in, mice, birds even a dead squirrel that she left under my bed and it was there for at least 3 days :eek:

The worst was a half eaten magpie which she put on my older dds pillow whilst she was asleep and then was sick as well :eek:
My dd woke up screaming in the middle of the night :panic::panic:

Think my cat has nearly used up her 9 lives :angry: