PDA

View Full Version : URGENT retainer fee question

mammumof4
17-03-2012, 01:41 PM
i have a parent due at 2. 20 mins!!! they want 2 days of childcare for 2 kids 8-5pm. they dont need me untill september.
would you charge a retainer fee?? how much??
thank you xxx

silvermist
17-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I charge a retainer for half fees but not sure if sept is a long way off to be paying a retainer, I think I would talk to parents and explain its half fees, see what they say. If they dont want to pay that far ahead I would explain I cant guarentee the place. You could ring them if someone else comes along and wants that place to see if they want to start retainer then. Hope that makes sense x good luck x

mammumof4
17-03-2012, 01:52 PM
thank you xx

Mouse
17-03-2012, 01:57 PM
If I was prepared to keep a space until Sept I would charge a non-refundable deposit, not a retainer. September is a long time to be paying a retainer for and it's a long time to have to keep the spaces available for only half fee.

If you charge a deposit, the space doesn't have to be available until Sept, so you can look to take on someone temporarily in the meantime.

If you charge a retainer, the space has to be available for the parents to use if they want to (paying the full rate, not the retainer rate), so you can't take anyone else on & have to commit to accepting only half fees for the next 6 months.