PDA

View Full Version : Baby area mobile

CJ Thorn
17-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Good Morning,
I am wanting to create a mobile or display of some sort for my baby area or above my changing area(black and white if poss)...can anyone point me in the right direction on this?
Another thimg ive set myself on with....:panic:
C.x

Messy jesse
17-03-2012, 01:19 PM
The world is your oyster...

For a mobile I would start off with 2 plastic coat hangers the ones with all 3 sides,

Cut the hook off one, and slide it into the other in a x

Tie small loops of string or split rings(key rings) on along the bottom x. this will allow you to change the object on your mobile when it's become boring.

Tape it up with nice cloth tape if you can get it... Firetoys.com sell cloth tape they use to make hula hoops with(in black and white) you might have to call them up or you can buy black gaffe tape and some places sell white. Alternately you can get sparkly tape from stationers

At this point you could do anything. As long as opposite sides balance.

You could cut shapes out and get othe kids to decorate them(I would laminate them after to stop bits falling off) or find different objects paint them black an white and tie string to them make sure they are not to heavy.

Think about baby's perspective if it's above them make sure your shapes are 3D or flat side down.

Hope you can understand my instructions and it's helpful

Jesse x

CJ Thorn
17-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks for that Jesse...xxx