PDA

View Full Version : Trampolines

littlesprogs
29-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I have 2 trampolines 1 large one and one small one with a handle for toddlers.

The little boy i have is nearly 3 and likes the smaller one but ALWAYS asks if he can go on the bigger one. It has an enclosure so is safe. On the safety instructions it says age 6+ however mum has signed the trampoline permission form regardless. Am i allowed to let him on it even though he is only 2.5?

Thanks

Hannahlg
29-05-2008, 01:22 PM
we have one of the big blue ones and we let children of ages go on it,

but we stand buy it when the little ones are on etc

and only at a time

chez1373
29-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I let all my mindees go on our big one it has safety net and permissions signed... but im sure you will get people telling you the proper answer but as long as the children are safe then i would let them on as long as mum is ok with it...

Pipsqueak
29-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Its down to individual permissions. Might be worth checking with your insurers?

My own son who is 3 uses the trampoline but I am very strict about not bouncing deliberately into the netting and pulling at him, supervising (the younger ones), olders "over/hard" bouncing youngers etc.

carolinel
29-05-2008, 04:10 PM
my mindees are 3 and 4 and allow them both on the trampoline, although not at the same time. both parents have signed permission forms. don't know how we stand legally on this though. would be interesting to find out.

angeldelight
29-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Just make sure if children go on the trampoline you have signed permission from parents

Its common sense like most things I guess

Angel xx

ajs
29-05-2008, 04:12 PM
sorry i don't know the answer but where is sarah when we need her

that's it she's not allowed another holiday ever

angeldelight
29-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh my friend was inspected last week and she had the little ones on the trampoline - one at a time

She got outstanding

Just make sure your paper work is up to date etc and the parents are happy with it

Angel xx

crazybones
29-05-2008, 05:33 PM
My inspector said that if there was an accident and you hadnt followed the manufacturers safety advice to the letter ie age suitable regardless of permission forms your insurance is invalid.

angeldelight
29-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Another example of ofted inspectors not being the same

I know someone in our area had her trampoline taken away by the local council something about reglations and she was not even a minder

Angel xxx

chez1373
29-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Another example of ofted inspectors not being the same

I know someone in our area had her trampoline taken away by the local council something about reglations and she was not even a minder

Angel xxx

OMG....
this is terrible since when can the council come and take your own personal trampoline away..

Spangles
29-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I think some people don't like next door's children (or adults!) jumping so high that they can peer into their garden or house - maybe this was why? I can imagine that might be a bit annoying sometimes?

I wouldn't put children on the trampoline that were younger than stated in the product info because I would worry that if something happened I would be liable due to this - does that make sense?

chez1373
29-05-2008, 09:09 PM
It makes perfect sence lovie xx

jcqhughes
30-05-2008, 06:53 PM
:mad:
my CSSIW inspector advised that i should follow the manufacturers guidelines for recommended ages due to possible legal action,
although i have parental consent forms she said i should reconsider the under 6yrs using trampoline :panic:
gutted because the kids all ages love it
not sure if it's worth the risk anymore though ?
it's up to you!

jacqui x