PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

mumto2
17-03-2012, 07:57 AM
http://www.bizzymumsblog.com/

The Juggler
17-03-2012, 08:49 AM
i'm glad there is a parent who feels this passionately. wonder if MR C will reply.

Personally, I do want to work with the EYFS but I think ofsted inspectors need to inspect sensibly. The man who wrote about his wife and all the things she does to be told she's not doing enough. The inspectors that belittle and demoralise. That's what makes people want to give up :(

I totally think that some level of paperwork and evidencing children's learning is needed because before there were too many pre-schools, nurseries and minders who did diddly squat with their children. At least now they have to provide some proof they do something and do watch what their mindees are learning.

On the flipside, however, for those who did a fab job without any paperwork for years and years it's sad that things have had to change.

watgem
17-03-2012, 10:07 AM
what a lovely letter, I hope he does reply to it.

sarah707
17-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I think ut shows how Ofsted inspectors differ in their views of what constitutes a good childminder and how much paperwork is 'enough'.

No childminder should be asked to provide 'reams' of paperwork when caring for part time children and yes, while it is good practice to have written records of activities, it is more important that you can describe to the inspector what you are doing and why it benefits the children.

There are lots of childminders with very little paperwork who muddle along with the Eyfs... while providing outstanding levels of care to the children and there are some inspectors who recognise this.

It's an interesting and thought provoking letter ... I wonder if it will get a reply :D