PDA

View Full Version : Nifty Ideas.

EmmaReed84
17-03-2012, 07:51 AM
I have only been minding since August and just starting to look at random things and get ideas for crafts or activities.

Cadbury Mini Rolls, the 10 pack, has a handy little box with the Mini Rolls in that I thought would make a nifty little easter basket, get the kids to cover it in felt, give it a handle and decorate it with eggs, bunnies, chicks etc. :clapping:

Also the PG Tips 80 tea bags box. I was thinking of cutting a hole in the bottom so you hand can fit through and making some sort of a pop up puppet! :thumbsup:

What other house hold objects can you/have you used at make something totally different? Like I said I am fairly new to this, so these are the first times I have thought outside the box! :D :idea:

Wendybird
17-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last week I made this posting activity with a peanut butter jar - kids love it (far more than I thought they would) :thumbsup:

http://www.rainbowplayhouse.blogspot.co.uk/

loocyloo
17-03-2012, 05:13 PM
goodness, my mind has gone blank, but i re-use everything and anything! its drives Dh potty as i have a huge box in the garage that i put anything useful into! (when it gets too full, i have a sort out and take lots of it to school for their junk boxes :D)

the muller corner yogurts make good puppet faces, use clear plastic bottles for discovery bottles/skittles/shakers/water play, i keep any paper or plastic trays/boxes to put bits and pieces in for craft activities. old chocolate box insides for sorting/playdough. cereal boxes are great for building towers, small worlds with added creatures & people.

have fun ;)

gegele
17-03-2012, 06:13 PM
egg boxes are just HEAVEN!!! you do a bit of EVERYTHING with them. i did caterpillar with babies.. great

with milk bottle you cut just under the handleand presto you have an elephant!!! we did Elmer the elephant by cutting little square of different colour and stick it on him....might actually do it again soon new kids now...

:thumbsup:

chez
17-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I have a load of kitchen roll inners that Ive kept any ideas ?

Natternic
17-03-2012, 09:37 PM

Mr blooms nursery told me to put them in the veg garden when planting carrots! stops them growing in funny twists etc

gegele
17-03-2012, 09:40 PM

we put some see through paper with an elastic band and made a telescope and read "there's a shark in the park" and we look through different colour...

tialil
18-03-2012, 12:01 AM
we decorate the kitchen rolls by painting, colouring etc. I make a few holes and hang shapes/pictures anything from them to make a mobile.
Sellotaped together to make binoculars.
Cut out a big flower head and made them into sunflowers.
Just give to the children with other bits from the recycling box and see what the children make, usually swords :)

Gu dessert bowls - used these for mothers day. mixed coloured sand with pva, put in gu bowl. 'Plant' some pipe cleaners and leave to dry. add some cut out flowers = bowl of flowers ;)

yogurt pots for planting seeds, paint pots,glue pots.

Squash bottles dries out, decorated with stickers and made into shakers.

cant think of any more at the mo :thumbsup:

catminder
18-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Pringles containers make great shakers - fill with rice, pulses etc, then paint, decorate as required.

Wendybird
19-03-2012, 08:17 AM
egg boxes are just HEAVEN!!! you do a bit of EVERYTHING with them. i did caterpillar with babies.. great

We used cut up egg cartons last week to make flowers for mother's day! I used some left overs to make some 'blossoms' for our playroom tree.

Love the idea for kitchen roll binoculars! We're doing a loose 'bird' theme at the moment - binoculars would be perfect! :clapping: