PDA

View Full Version : Tuff Spot?

welshgirl
16-03-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm thinking of getting a tuff spot. Been looking around and the only ones I can find with stands are very expensive about £50-£60 pounds. Seen some simular but much cheeper at B&Q which are builders cement mixing trays, but you can only use these on the ground. Does anyone use these?

sandy64
17-03-2012, 06:40 AM
hi i got mine for £14 from a building merchants i dont have a stand it can sit on the plastic kids tables but i use on floor i find its fab love it i do use new lol :)large cat litter trays for a variety of messy sensory play there great as well you can buy stands which will fit tuff spot but like you say very expensive:)

Monkey26
17-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Collecting tesco vouchers? If so and you can bear to wait a few more months...!! Love mine xx

PixiePetal
17-03-2012, 07:40 AM
I have one indoors for dry pasta/rice etc- it goes on the floor and one outside for leaves/dirt/sand - that'is also on the floor.

Would love the stand but too expensive!

I use cat litter trays for smaller messy play like gloop

Milli147
17-03-2012, 08:31 AM
I have a tuff spot, but I have to say I don't use it that much. I think it needs a stand or a table under it as my little ones just want to sit in it like a sandpit with whatever i put in!
I prefer to use my cat litter tray, or my Lakeland oven shelf soaking tray, which is bigger. They fit on the table and I can use them indoors - the tuff spot takes up too much room inside.
Am off to look at stands....

loocyloo
17-03-2012, 09:50 AM
my builders mixing tray from b&q was great, until it warped inthe sun !!! now its just used in the garden! i have another that i was already using outside.

for inside i bought a big seed tray ,its about a metre square, from a garden centre. the LO don't seem so inclined to sit in it !!! :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
17-03-2012, 10:09 AM
I bought 'gravel tray' which is about a metre square from a garden shop (may eb the same as the seed tray mentioned above, one metres squared and about 3 or 4 cm deep), it does the job just fine and is small enough to site on their little table. We don't have room here for a full size tuff spot and to be honest don't really need one as we only have a few children in at a time.

Mouse
17-03-2012, 11:50 AM
For outside I have the tuff spot with the stand and cover. It wasn't cheap, but was one of those things worth buying.

For indoors I have an Ikea underbed storage box and a Lakeland oven shelf soaking tray. They stand on the child height tables I have.

sarah707
17-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I use a cat litter tray in the garden - it's much easier to empty and store. :D

mushpea
17-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I have the tuff spot and stand in the garden my partner made me a ply lid for it, indoors we just use a normal sand/water tray, the stands are expensive but I think they are worth it, it has had a serious amount of use of the years and I wouldnt hesitate to replace the stand if needed.

zippy
17-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Take a look at the creation station stuff at hope education, they are £5 for a tray, you can buy extra bits later like mirrors to go inside, i put mine on an outside table kids love it

lfishwick
17-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I bought mine from eBay for £7 and £7 delivery :)

gegele
17-03-2012, 10:36 PM
what's a tuff spot???

samb
18-03-2012, 11:03 PM
what's a tuff spot???

The large shallow trays usually used for mixing concrete by builders. People use them for messy play activities generally as they are easily acessed by all children.