PDA

View Full Version : Am I totally thick?

Banana
29-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I am thinking the answer is yes!!! :o

I have just registered for the online assesment so im waiting for my activation code.

My mum has said she will do my tax return for me as she does my dads every year and she knows what she is doing.

The reason i think i must be totally thick is Im just looking through the paper copy that I should fill in,,,, thinking i'll get a bit organised before she does it for me, and I just dont understand a damn thing its asking.

Im rubbish with numbers.... thats by and by. Im not joking, the only thing i've been able to answer is - company name and address :angry:

***!! Is it just me that this is baffling for?

x

charleyfarley
29-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry can't help you there, never do it on line.

I get the short assessment form which I find easy.

Few boxes and figures, suits me fine

Good luck with it on line

Carol xx

sarah707
29-12-2007, 10:15 PM
You need 3 main numbers....

1. Amount you've earned (total of everything you've been paid)

2. Amount you're taking off (your year's expenses)

3. Earnings after taking off expenses

It only starts getting a bit more complicated if...

.... you have any other income - from house rentals, investments with interest of more than £300/year, taxable benefits eg carers allowance, another job

TBH I get my 3 main numbers and ring the tax office helpline and say... 'What boxes should I fill in please?' They're ever so helpful!

Hope this helps!! And you're not thick - it's an annual nightmare!

Banana
29-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Its the paper version im looking at Carol.... I just dont get it lol

Sarah.. I am taking your word that those 3 figures are all I need... so i'll be after ya if I get stuck hee hee

x

carolinel
29-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Lana, I wouldn't confuse yourself with the paper one, it's much easier on line! If i can do it then anyone can - I am utterly cr*p with numbers!

ajs
30-12-2007, 12:06 AM
better still give it all to my husband as i just fill in my accounts on excel and he does the rest

i'd better be nice to him so he doesn't decide to make me do it for myself

manjay
30-12-2007, 09:36 AM
The full paper form doens't look simple but in actual fact there are only a few boxes you need to complete.

I had to complete a full one last year as I had employed and self employed earnings (or loss as the case maybe) but I still did this online. I will have to do this again this year as my last pay from my employers was in May.

I did call the helpline as I got myself a bit confused with the tax I had paid and they were really helpful.

Amanda xx

Rubybubbles
03-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Hope you got it sorted lana!

I always leave my books to hubby but with him being away I'm doing them and sometimes my mind just goes :huh: :yawning: hehe

Banana
04-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I'll get it done..... somehow!! :(
x

suzilio
30-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Hi everyone,
If anyone lives in Northern Ireland and has the NICMA record keeping book perhaps you could help me out. What do you put in weekly expenses for things like heat/light/electric? I'm clueless at this sort of thing, how can you put a figure in if you can't actually see what you are spending? Does that make sense? I don't want to mess up having only got registered in October last year.

charleyfarley
30-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Did you do it Lana??

As Sarah said it is only three boxes even on the paper version

You'll get used to it

Carol xx

Banana
30-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh it was Easy... dont know what i was worrying about... My mum did it all

ha ha ha :D

xx

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Good old mom ha

Angel xx

sarah707
30-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Oh it was Easy... dont know what i was worrying about... My mum did it all

ha ha ha :D

xx

Lucky you! :D

Banana
30-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I know, she is good to me!

She always does my dads tax return so it doesnt take her long. I just kept looking at the form and throwing it back to her

x