PDA

View Full Version : ANGRY AT OFSTED

Wendy Woo
29-05-2008, 12:48 PM
:angry: cant belive it i ahve just read my report on line and it said i left a air freshner spray in reach of the children ion the downstairs toilet - IT WAS NOT IN THEIR REACH unless they have mr tickle arms. I cant belive she wrote that.
I knew she would pull me up on havin that and my wipes in the toilet but the only thing they could ahve reached was the wipes!!!!!
NOT HAPPY NOT HAPPY NOT HAPPY NOT HAPPY
Ofsted are :censored: useless.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Is there anythin i can do to complain??

Blaze
29-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Yes you can complain....put in measurements of how high the freshner was etc...Sarah Nev I know has taken OFTED on & won...you might want to wait till she gets back next week.

Wendy Woo
29-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Yes you can complain....put in measurements of how high the freshner was etc...Sarah Nev I know has taken OFTED on & won...you might want to wait till she gets back next week.

Yeah think i might have a chat with her then. thanx

mrsbumbles
29-05-2008, 01:13 PM
I would have been angry with that too :angry: it seems really petty :rolleyes:

Mollymop
29-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I would complain too. Good luck x

Banana
29-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I'd definitely complain. If it was totally out of their reach I would fight it all the way!

x

miffy
29-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd complain too - the sooner the better

miffy xx

Spangles
29-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Go for it! They shouldn't get away with these inaccuracies as they wouldn't let us!

mrsb
29-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Good luck with it, although in my experience ofsted will lie their way out of it anyway. I had building work going on in my kitchen during my last inspection. The door was kept locked etc and the children didn't go in there so it was a bit dusty. Anyway on my report it said I needed to up my cleaning as the sink in the downstairs loo was dusty:angry: I know for a fact that it was clean because I had cleaned it literally half an hour before ofsted arrived:censored: I was fuming so I rang them then sent it in writing and they came back saying it was definately the downstairs loo sink that was dirty and not the kitchen one:rolleyes: I seriously worry about ofsted sometimes:censored:

angeldelight
29-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Good luck with your complaint

Angel xx

jo f
29-05-2008, 04:47 PM
When I was on one of my courses it was said to us to rememer to put toilet brush away out of reach, don't use toilet rim block thingies and some inspectors don't like air freshners for the astma side of things. They'd soon complain if your home smelt like poo!!!!

Wendy Woo
29-05-2008, 04:48 PM
When I was on one of my courses it was said to us to rememer to put toilet brush away out of reach, don't use toilet rim block thingies and some inspectors don't like air freshners for the astma side of things. They'd soon complain if your home smelt like poo!!!!

Tell me bout it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carolinel
29-05-2008, 04:50 PM
i would def complain too, she is bang out of order.

good luck!

charleyfarley
29-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Don't blame you being angry,

Good luck with your complaint

Carol xx

wendywu
29-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Yes Ofsted do lie and they will try anything to get out of a complaint. As well as the air freshner you would also have to comlain about something that is a matter of opinion and not hard fact. Throw into the mix you felt intimated in your own home. You felt picked upon, bullying is also a good word to use.
If it is just the air freshner they will dismiss the complaint outright. They are a law unto themselves and NEVER wrong. :angry:

Annie_T
29-05-2008, 11:11 PM
oh hun thta not nice, im dreadig mt inspection.

i would complain but i no idea how you go about it x

Rubybubbles
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
I must admit, I take my air fresherness out and hide them, along with the toilet rimblock thingy:p

I just know my new telly will come up as it's 40'' and looks huge, even though the children know not to touch, I also hid a load of junk stuff from my room in the back of the car:laughing:

whooops should I say these things

FizzysFriends
02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Aren't you allowed big TV's?

donnahay0
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Definately complain - it's :censored: ridiculous -they need to have a standard format. Their own personal opinions shouldn't come into it.

Good luck with that and let us know the outcome.

ChocolateChip
03-06-2008, 01:48 PM
They should at least give you a chance to defend yourself before they go writing things down, it seems so unfair that it all goes public before you see it yourself.
:( :(

Pipsqueak
03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I must admit, I take my air fresherness out and hide them, along with the toilet rimblock thingy:p

I just know my new telly will come up as it's 40'' and looks huge, even though the children know not to touch, I also hid a load of junk stuff from my room in the back of the car:laughing:

whooops should I say these things

Lots of things get stuffed into my cupboards and my room!!!:D

Lottie
03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Jeez...may as well have a room that is completely padded floor to ceiling with own supply of oxygen and maid on call 24/7. :panic:

I just don't understand how these people can be so picky when I have seen playgroups that looks totally uncared for and dirty. Children have to learn not to touch things, to be guided in what's right and wrong, good or bad, to learn to make their own judgements. By limiting this or not allowing it in a home setting, I would say creates a detrimental effect on their well-being! They are so contradictory.

twinkle76
04-06-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah I think you should complain and everyone is right they have there own rules for one and something else for another.

theoldwoman
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
no wonder you are cross - they are so petty, I thought the whole idea of childminding was that children went to a HOME, surely they should allow us to have our homes how we want them.

emmadines
04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
God now im worried what my 1st inspection would turn up!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ive not got any kiddies yet either!!!!