PDA

View Full Version : What do you give parents on first visit?

kellib
16-03-2012, 05:57 PM
I've been thinking about what I can give parents on their first visit to my setting, normally I give them a copy of my policies and procedures and say that should they have any questions about anything to get in touch.

However, I've been thinking about making a leaflet or brochure to give them instead of handing on P&P's and then hearing nothing back!

Plus I'm thinking a brochure would look better for inspection.

What do you all do?

QualityCare
16-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I give them nothing but l tell them about policies, routines etc and answer any questions we then make an appt for next visit when we do contracts etc and they have my policies and information file to take away and read, like you l am thinking of doing a brochure with basic info on it.

sarahjane
16-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I have a leaflet that I designed on Vistaprint with basic intro and info and some photo's (ex children who's parents gave permission) so I give out that, along with my General Info, Info about me and my daughters, my fee's policy and a copy of one of my references.

I like to do this as often it's only one parent who can visit, so I like to send some bits home as an intro to the other parent.

jumping j
16-03-2012, 06:31 PM
I used to give them all the P's and P's but it was a lot of paper to print for the parent to walk off and never be heard from again.
I now give them a bit of info about me and my home and family, prices and hours, menu and routine. Then if they do come back to sign contracts they can have the P's and P's

greenfields
18-03-2012, 08:29 AM
nothing - it's all on my website. :)

Greengrass74
18-03-2012, 08:51 AM
On a first visit we let parents look through our portfolio and give them a brochure, we will tell them that all information is available on our website.

We do not give them copies of our P&P's until they sign a contract. Once contracts have been signed we give them a CD disc with our P&P's plus other info on.

Newbie1!
18-03-2012, 08:52 AM
I started off giving mine a three-fold leaflet with loads of info crammed on such as routines, menus, basic price list etc and then a business card attached.

I havent done this for the last three or four visits - for a couple of reasons - one being that I had run out of ink and with it being three fold and double sided it used to cane my cartridges and two because the last three parents i gave it to quite literally shoved it in their bags/pockets in a screwed up fashion - destined never to be seen or read again!! :laughing::laughing:

I have been thinking about redoing them just as I do think its nice for them to go away with something but I think a business card can be just as effective as a reminder in their purse/handbag/wallet to contact you xx

fluff1975
18-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Usually before the first visit I've pointed them in the direction of my website. I tell interested parents that if they like what they see there, then to get in touch.

My policies aren't on the site rather in my portfolio, and if they're still interested and want to visit, I give them the portfolio to take away and read at home. If they're STILL interested we arrange a visit to sign contract, declarations, permissions etc. and they bring the folder back.

It's worked so far. I'm serious and committed about my work and I expect parents to be also. I expect them to have done a decent amount of research on me before committing. So far they've all said they know exactly where they stand and they like my clarity!

fluff1975
18-03-2012, 11:27 AM
We do not give them copies of our P&P's until they sign a contract. Once contracts have been signed we give them a CD disc with our P&P's plus other info on.

I like this Dave. It's not always about parents agreeing with everything is it? I've had parents who haven't signed certain policies and permissions but still want me to care for their children. I think it's good that we can work with differences :)

Toothfairy
18-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I give out a parent pack which includes;

*All about me
*My mission statement
*My hours & fees
*Holidays, illness & setteling in period
*Parents guide to the EYFS
*How i communicate with parents (daily diaries and EYFS folders etc)
*Healthy eating and packed lunch ideas
*Who supplies what
*Activities and a typical day
*List of my P&P's (they get them in full on CD when they sign up)
*Equal opps, Safegusrding and Complaints procedure statement
*A list of useful phone numbers

They can take the folder away with them and ring me if they have any further questions.

HTH :thumbsup:

kellib
18-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks everyone, I've put together a brochure that I can give out instead of giving my P&P's out :thumbsup: