PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in this situation?

buzzy bee
16-03-2012, 11:03 AM
I charge 100% fees when mindee is off and nothing when I'm off...

Mindee comes for a full day but I want to take the afternoon off... Her parents say that's too complicated for them so they'll just take the whole day off work and she won't come at all.

Would you charge for the morning or not (because I'm happy to have her in the morning and will have another mindee that day so will be working anyway)

kellib
16-03-2012, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't charge at all because the only reason mindee is staying off is because you want the afternoon off.

adele1985
16-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I charge 100% fees when mindee is off and nothing when I'm off...

Mindee comes for a full day but I want to take the afternoon off... Her parents say that's too complicated for them so they'll just take the whole day off work and she won't come at all.

Would you charge for the morning or not (because I'm happy to have her in the morning and will have another mindee that day so will be working anyway)

personally I wouldent charge them at all hun as they are only not beinging her because your not available all day

HTH :)

buzzy bee
16-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't charge at all because the only reason mindee is staying off is because you want the afternoon off.

Thanks. That's the way I feel but I don't have a very good business head so I wanted to check!

AliceK
16-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I would charge for the morning as usual. You are open and they are choosing not to send.

xxx

Tippy Toes
16-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I would charge them for the hours I would be available.

wendywu
16-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I would charge them for the hours I would be available.

I dont think you can charge as you are changing the contracted hours. Nowhere does it say that parent must be able to drop them to you at any time you demand during the working day. :)

Tatjana
16-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I wouldn't charge, they're taking the day off to accommodate your request.

FussyElmo
16-03-2012, 12:52 PM
i wouldnt charge neither :thumbsup:

The Juggler
16-03-2012, 01:36 PM

i agree with this hon. Either they'll have to pay for another days care with someone or they'll probably need to take the day off. if they commute your half day plus commute time might eat into the other half of their workday so their workplace will make them take a full day. also some workplaces do not allow a half day.

Mummits
16-03-2012, 01:46 PM
That's a difficult one. I recently had to take my son to A&E after an accident at school so I variously sent children home early or the afternoon ones I didn't have them at all. I refunded the half day(ish) I was unavailable to those who left early as that seemed a reasonable thing to do at the time. Isn't this is sort of similar except that the parents have notice? Or would you say I should have refunded the whole day even if I had already worked five or six hours?

ChocolateChip
16-03-2012, 02:45 PM
That's a difficult one. I recently had to take my son to A&E after an accident at school so I variously sent children home early or the afternoon ones I didn't have them at all. I refunded the half day(ish) I was unavailable to those who left early as that seemed a reasonable thing to do at the time. Isn't this is sort of similar except that the parents have notice? Or would you say I should have refunded the whole day even if I had already worked five or six hours?

I think your situation is different Mummits as that was an accident out of your control, and I would have done the same as you.

However in buzzy bee's sit. I would not charge as it is myself who has changed the arrangement. I don't mind a bit of give and take as long as it is reciprocated! ;)

Chimps Childminding
16-03-2012, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't charge as you are the one wanting the afternoon off. I know technically you are available in the morning but it still means parents having to make other arrangements for the afternoon or take half a day's holiday. It might just be easier to have the whole day off or get grannie etc to have lo for the day rather than have to worry about getting them picked up at lunchtime!!

The Juggler
16-03-2012, 06:01 PM

no that is totally different as you sent home during the day, they didn't have to take the whole day off, just leave to collect early:panic:

buzzy bee
16-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for all the replies. It seems like the majority of you wouldn't charge which confirms my feelings, so I'm pleased :thumbsup: