PDA

View Full Version : snack time

onceinabluemoon
16-03-2012, 10:32 AM
What do you give your mindees for snack?

Today mine have got crackers and cheese cubes and they're loving it!! Usually we have fruit or veg, or soft cheese (like dairylea, not brie) and dippy sticks, yoghurt tubes etc. Mindees are getting older now (almost 2 ) so adding in some more 'grown up snacks. What do you give yours?

loopyloopy
16-03-2012, 10:53 AM
We have the same as you but sometimes have crumpets, teacakes, breadsticks and dip, jelly, homemade biscuits ect

Tippy Toes
16-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Here we have fruit, they all love bananas at the moment!

kellib
16-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Mine tend to have fruit, one because that's what one parent provides and the other LO refuses any bread based products so toast etc are out!

singingcactus
16-03-2012, 12:28 PM
This week we've had shreddies, just buttered toast, cheese on toast, jam sandwich. We tend to chat about it on the way home from school run and whatever gets the best response is what we have. I always used to have two components to a snack, like cheese/toast, apple/cheese, fruit/yoghurt etc, but I've relaxed a lot lately and we have what we fancy. I just ensure that there is the correct amount of all food types through out the day.

Tatjana
16-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Usually fruit, sometimes hot cross buns, tea cakes, rice cakes, toast.

loocyloo
16-03-2012, 12:42 PM
my LOs chose breadsticks, tomato, cucumber, seeds and a mayonaise dip for snack!

we usually have some fruit or veg, plus toast/crumpets/etc, or breadstick/crackers. they like dips of any variety. sometimes dry cereal or dried fruit, or something we've baked. sometimes a bit of cheese, but no one is that keen on cheese!

Twinkle-Toes
16-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I always do fruit as I struggle to get their 5 a day in!!

At toddler group I take fruit for them to have with their biscuit/waffle/crumpet there but then it messes up their dinner lol

Can't win!

Jods
16-03-2012, 01:24 PM
each day there are 6 varieties of fruit and veg on offer, and then on a Mon - Slice of wholmeal toast, Tue - Rice cakes houmus and sugarsnap peas, Wed- toasted wholmeal muffin, Thur - lowsalt bread sticks and Fri - wholmeal pitta bread slices and a chicken goujohn, they are given 100ml of FF milk, or water if preferred x

I also use 6 different coloured bowls and try to match the colour with the same colour fruit/veg x

Its what I do :blush: but then I used to work in a pre-school so maybe a bit more structured but Mrs O loved it x

lisa1968
16-03-2012, 02:16 PM
My mindees wouldn't eat their main meals if I gave them toast or hot cross buns!!
I give them fruit-fresh and dried-or plain biscuits.Wednesday after school is treat day as my Mum comes for tea and always brings them chocolate fingers or little chocolate muffins.The children call it 'Nanny Night'!

Carol
16-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Never mind the mindee's after reading this post I'm now hungry again lol:laughing:

mushpea
16-03-2012, 04:20 PM
fruit veg or salad
mine had rasins for morining snack the with their sandwichs they had radish carrot sticks and pepper strips then for afternoon snack it was biscuit today as its friday but normal its a choice of fruit from the bowl