PDA

View Full Version : Planning for 4 hours!

melco
16-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi,

I have 2 mindees starting in a few weeks, they are 2 boys, one is 9months and the other is 2yrs old. The mum does not know if she is going to be able to afford to go back to work so she only wants me to have them for 4 hours a week until she knows if she is going back to work. I am fine with this as I have no mindees at the moment but am just wondering what I can plan for those 4 hours.

I have a library near me that has singing which my children loved when I used to take them, its for 30 mins and I would be walking there so know that this would cover some areas of the EYFS. Lunch will be within these 4 hours so I am just a bit nervous of not doing enough when it come to the EYFS. Can anyone help with this and give me any ideas on what else I could be doing? I just don't want to have my first inspection and find out I am not doing things right or doing enough. Thanks in advance.

Mel

Milli147
16-03-2012, 10:32 AM
They are very little so I would just spend the first few weeks getting to know them, seeing what stage they are at, and what their interests are.

Then you can look at what their next stages will be, and plan toys, games or outings to suit. It's all just learning through their play at this age, so just aim to target toys and activities that challenge appropriately, but don't worry too much. Just so long as you know what their next steps should be and how you will help them to achieve this.

Am sure someone else will be along with much better advice, and maybe I am wrong, but I always have littlies and am part time too, and this is how I do it :)

sarah707
16-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Milli you are absolutely right!

Get to know them first - find out what they can and cannot do and their likes and dislikes etc.

Then just follow their interests - most of it can be written up later :D

Mrs.L.C
16-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I wouldnt worry too much about writing loads and loads of planning. Once you have got to know the children just jot some ideas of activities down on a spider diagram for example to cover the month or even term so you can show you are thinking of their next steps.

Alot of learning just happens as they play, as you walk or as you chat about things and you cant really plan that :)

Milli147
16-03-2012, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;1072165]Milli you are absolutely right!

:clapping:Yay! I was right! Happy face!:clapping: