PDA

View Full Version : Minding 6 till 9 help

tash 1
15-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi just got enquiry email for care for little girl tues 6 to 9pm possible more evenings and ocassional weekends.my hours are 8 till 5 flexible hours here or there but never really considered evenings or weekends.question is would this care be classed as babysitting, would I if child under five still deliver and plan activities same as day.would I have to inform ofsted of extended hours.don't know if want to offer evenings as it may get in way of my own little family.one day maybe but get feeling more nights may crop up.Tashx:)

fluff1975
15-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I personally wouldn't want to take that on as it would seriously get in the way of my family life and also I like my evenings too much!

We had need for similar care a few years ago and paid a babysitter. At £5 p/h she did rather well from it!

Sorry, not much help.

The Juggler
15-03-2012, 10:17 PM
thats a very long day. don't get me wrong, I'd do the odd early start/late finish for the families I already work for but not regularly.

you've set your working hours for a reason hon. remember what those are. does 6-9 fit in with that ??