PDA

View Full Version : Stressed? Much!!!

uf353432
15-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I had my 1st annual quality audit as an accredited child minder which amounted to something akin to a full Ofsted inspection. It lasted 3 1/2 hours and thursday is my busiest day as I work with a variation to have 4 under 4 with 3 accredited within than number. It was certainly a good refresher for my next inspection - but my god as soon as she left I admit I had to give the kids 20mins TV time so that I could just chill out - as soon as she went the stress that I had accumulated over the past few weeks, coupled with the stress of the audit just hit me and I felt physically sick from it all.

I will never ever ever again feel guilty that as a childminder I get paid to play in the park on hot summers days, or down on the beach or in the woods having a pinic because I think we NEED lots of days like this to offset the very stressful days like today. Even though I know my stuff, am proud of my setting and have excellant continuous provision its so hard when people come and audit or inspect you not to take it personally - because the buck stops with you and the responsibility and any gaps or holes are a reflection of you. Its hard not to take it personally, i'm a person who shys away from confrontation. I will always be grateful to the parent who on picking up here child this afternoon, wrapped up a bottle of wine in time for the school run and a note to say 'congratulations on your outstanding audit' because I so needed wine tonight.

My audit went really really well - I was awarded the highest level they could offer, that is a practitioner who can work independently and can mentor others - and reflects that I am working at an outstanding level. I was thrilled and its so wonderful to have your practice validated.

I work very closely with the preschool in our village, they were Audited last year and got the same outcome - it was very important to me to achieve the same level as I sell myself as offering a parallel service with the preschool where parents can share their care between me and the preschool and we work in partnership together. It would have been a really tough sell if I had not done as well and they had already laid down he gauntlet by doing so well - which was richly deserved. So now I can hold my head up very high indeed and feel fabulous knowing that professionally our local village is absolutely the best place for childcare in our local area.

I am so proud to be a child minder today. We really rock!

Zoomie
15-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Well done you :):):)

Katiekoo
15-03-2012, 08:45 PM
We really do rock! Well done you! Congratulations, I hope you have put your feet up now! :D

green puppy
15-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Congratulations! It really is fab when your hard work shines through and is recognised. Enjoy your wine!:)

Vickster
15-03-2012, 09:14 PM
That is fantastic to read and you are an inspiration. Congratulations x

uf353432
15-03-2012, 09:15 PM
sadly I have tonight to put my feet up and the tommorrow I have to return to my rather neglected Foundation degree - no rest for the wicked!!! lol!

nipper
15-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Very many congratulations!

smurfette
15-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Wow go you!!!! As you said about pre school richly deserved .. Have a lovely evening off:clapping:

Mouse
15-03-2012, 09:39 PM
That sounds very stressful, so well done for getting through it so well :clapping:

marian
15-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Congratulations !!:clapping:
enjoy the wine:thumbsup:

Marian x

The Juggler
15-03-2012, 09:53 PM
go you! that is an amazing result hon and you've obviously worked very hard for it. so off to the park tomorrow then ;)

uf353432
15-03-2012, 10:03 PM
only if the sun is shining lol! after a week of dank foggy days I could do with some sunshine!

fluff1975
15-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Crikey just reading that is a rollercoaster of emotion!

Fabulous and well done you! It's good when you get what you deserve in life :)

balijay
16-03-2012, 01:39 PM
So very well done to you - I don't even know you and I am proud of you :laughing: As someone else said your post is an inspiration - I have been ill for the last 2 weeks with a virus and have struggled to keep going, but your post has given me renewed enthusiasm for next week.

You have also prompted me to make better contact with the local preschool - it is an outstanding setting and I am the only childminder in our village and our links could be so much better, so thank you :D

Tippy Toes
16-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Thats fantastic hun! Well done. Sounds like you deserve the wine xx

Jods
16-03-2012, 02:01 PM
I know what you mean about that let down deflation thing after its all over :p

congratulations :welldone:and bottoms up x :D

uf353432
16-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Aw thank you everyone. Well the local preschool was chuffed to bits with my news this morning - as I've enjoyed a much needed down day to recharge my batteries.

Definately definately make links with the local preschool if you can Balijay - its really useful because you can benefit from their large group environment knowledge and you can benefit them with your small group environment knowledge. I love our local preschool and find them invaluable for advice and information, sharing resources, getting idea's etc.