PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when a mindee leaves?

buzzy bee
15-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Do you have a party for them / buy them a present / etc etc?

swindonminder
15-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I have my first mindee leaving in 2 weeks, her mum is having another baby :( I have got a present for the new baby and I'm getting my mindee a medical kit because she loves the one at my house.

:)

sarah707
15-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I usually buy them a book and put a message in the front... they get their Learning Journey booklet and any photos... I make them a card with a little poem about them... we have a party.

However I find parents often pull them out early so we plan the party a few days before their official last day :D

tess1981
15-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I throw a little party and buy a present. All the children make cards and I send home a folder of their work and some photos :)

rickysmiths
15-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi there. I usually buy them a small present, depending on how long they have been with me.

I do a small photo album if they have been with me for a while. I put in a photo of me and my family, some of the more Wow moments of the mindee during their time with me and pictures of all the friends they have made while they have been with me with the other parents permission of course. Probably no more than about a dozen photos. I put a header with their name and the dates they have been with me. I put a plastic wallet in it with a disc with all the photos I have ever taken on it.

They get their LJ as well.

karensmart4
15-03-2012, 08:19 PM
When I read the title I thought 'cry' or 'clap'........... I usually cry though :blush:

But in all seriousness I do a photo album with comments on each page, I give them a card and we make a group card as well.

They have their LJ's that I make into a book (front and back covers and I have a binding machine).

They also have their scrapbooks that they have put their special artwork, photo's and memories in over the time they've been with us.

Sometimes the parents ask to take a photo of me with their child :blush:

Oh and if they have a favourite story book with us, I put a little inscription in the front and give them that......... then go on Amazon to order a new one :)

buzzy bee
16-03-2012, 08:26 AM
However I find parents often pull them out early so we plan the party a few days before their official last day :D

Glad it's not just mine, but why do they do this??

I feel a bit bad but mum gave me notice on Monday but this was mindee's last week. I didn't get a chance to do anything cos I've been really busy - haven't made it to the shops or anything so I didn't do anything.

I think I'll get the other kids to make mindee a card and pop it in the post maybe with a little present!

buzzy bee
16-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Oh and if they have a favourite story book with us, I put a little inscription in the front and give them that......... then go on Amazon to order a new one :)

That's lovely :)

rickysmiths
16-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Glad it's not just mine, but why do they do this??

I feel a bit bad but mum gave me notice on Monday but this was mindee's last week. I didn't get a chance to do anything cos I've been really busy - haven't made it to the shops or anything so I didn't do anything.

I think I'll get the other kids to make mindee a card and pop it in the post maybe with a little present!

I have had children leave early. Sometimes its because they are settling in elsewhere. Sometimes they are moving and everything happens before the 4 weeks is up. I think some parents, especially if they are leaving to go to another setting perceive that once they have given notice we won't care about their child the same way.

I feel it is important for all the los to say their goodbyes but sadly some parents don't get it. You are just another service in the busy stressed lives and you are disposable like all the other services they pay for.

Like Sarah I usually do something the week before they leave. :thumbsup:

blue bear
16-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I buy a gift, usually sonething they enjoy playing with here and then the child chooses what they'd like to do on their last day, we've been to farms, soft play, picnics in the woods, takeaway kfc, party with games, alsorts really.