PDA

View Full Version : visit what to say?

beachgirl29
15-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Had a visit and no keen on taking the child on. what do i say as they want to start asap and live close by as would see them everyday.

rosebud
15-03-2012, 04:30 PM
How about you're not sure whether childminding is right for you at this time and you are going to spend some time thinking about it before you commit to anybody, therefore you don't feel able to take their child at the moment as wouldn't like to let them down in the future. That way once they've found somebody else you can advertise and say you decided it was the right decision for you after all.

beachgirl29
15-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Ive got a few kids already and been going a few years so not sure.

tess1981
15-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Ive got a few kids already and been going a few years so not sure.

Maybe you are not sure you could cope with the extra child but if anyone leaves your care you will call her:idea:

loocyloo
15-03-2012, 05:29 PM
say that you've had a thought about logistics and getting everyone to places etc and its not going to work, sorry.

or you are enjoying having fewer children and that for the moment, you are going to continue with the current children and not take any more on. say sorry, and it was only when she had gone, that you realised that actually you didn't want to take any more children on. you hope she can find someone, or if you decide you are going to take on more children, she will be 'top of the list' !! ;)

beachgirl29
15-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Done it...no reply...feel terrible and feel sick anyway. :-(

Mummits
16-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't say I couldn't cope with another or that you were planning to take it easier because either she might start telling other people you were overstretched or you might run into her with your new mindees at some point and look a liar. I think I'd probably say something like one of your current families thinks they might need to change or add extra hours and you have agreed to wait and see how that pans out before taking on anyone else so you think she had better go with one of her other options,