PDA

View Full Version : Help With 27m mindee not eating

VINASOL
15-03-2012, 12:19 PM
My new mindee who I've had since end Jan simply does not eat whilst he is here. I think only 3 times he's sat and eaten food.

Mum and Dad do not have any kind of schedule, so I've tried early lunches, late lunches, all different kind of food but he simply refused. All he wants to eat are the biscuits and snacks that are in his bag (which I don't give him). The boys get a snack in the afternoons but at lunchtime its more healthier.

Mum even admitted that when dad has the boys (he has a younger brother 14m who eats fab) he forgets to feed them.

I've asked parents what he likes/what time he's fed and get the answer everything and whenever!! :angry:

I'm thinking of saying that from now on she provides lunch time food for lo - what do you think? What would you do?

LChurch
15-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I always get parents to provide lunch, although one of my mindee can be fussy at times. There are some things she wouldn't eat at home and if I was say deboning a chicken or something else or taking some chicken off for my lunch then she would ask for some! Mum has been amazed sometimes when I have said she has had a piece of chicken or whatever! Does he not show any interest in what your having? But yes get mum to provide it. Is he tired? I know if mindee is tired she is even more fussy!

rosebud
15-03-2012, 04:37 PM
I would give lunch at the same time everyday - when it suits you if he has no routine. I would serve a wide variety of different foods which he can choose to eat or not. I would insist that he sits at the table with everybody else (even if this is just you) even if he chooses not to eat. I would make no fuss he either eats or not and when everybody else is finished remove his plate. I wouldn't offer anything else for a couple of hours but if he hadn't eaten I would offer a healthy snack after that. You can't make him eat and you shouldn't worry about it too much, he won't starve himself and you can only do what you can. I wouldn't give biscuits etc and I would inform mum that I have a healthy eating policy for all children and therefore if she wishes to put snacks in his bag it needs to be something like fruit.

mushpea
15-03-2012, 05:09 PM
I have given up worring about those that wont eat,, they have a snack at 10am wich is ususaly fruit then lunch at 12pm they get just a sandwich on their plate, if they dont eat their sandwich then I dont offer anything else as if they were hungry they will eat their sandwich, if they eat sandwich they get fruit then dessert. children wont starve themselves and will eat eventualy,,, I look after a 23month old who apparently wont eat at home but will eat lovley at mine then ive had children that wont here but then over indulge at home.
I dont ask parents to send lunch because when I did this they all wanted what each other had and the lunch boxes were filled with chocolate bars and other rubbish.

VINASOL
15-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't eat when they eat...I tidy. But I make sure that both boys eat the same thing but still no joy.

Thanks for makign me feel better about the not eating thing....I think that I will stop stressing, make a plan of times to eat and stick to it.

Why do parents think that having no routine is a good idea???????

lol