PDA

View Full Version : Add on childcare.co.uk

muffins
15-03-2012, 12:04 PM
im planning on goin on holiday from the 16th april to the 19th april an need somebody to care for my ten month old daughter while im away shes a very good baby and sleeps through the night but as all my family work i have nobody else to help care for her when i go out or for holidays

:eek::eek::eek::eek:Take your baby with you!:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
15-03-2012, 12:25 PM
I think that is terrible. Why did she have the child for goodness sake? Its a bit like putting the dog in kennels.

silvermist
15-03-2012, 12:54 PM
:eek::eek: God only knows who she might get! :eek::eek:

Tippy Toes
15-03-2012, 01:56 PM
That is awful :(

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 04:34 PM
at least she is trying to find care - there have been stories of other parents leaving their children home alone.

it is so easy to judge people - nobody on here knows her personal circumstances, the reasons she is going on holiday, etc.

tess1981
15-03-2012, 04:37 PM
at least she is trying to find care - there have been stories of other parents leaving their children home alone.

it is so easy to judge people - nobody on here knows her personal circumstances, the reasons she is going on holiday, etc.

i was like omg until i actually read this... i suppose i better put my rose tinted glasses away:blush:

moogster1a
15-03-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't understand the problem.
Aren't we all CM's here. So, aren't we used to people wantng childcare?
So, if someone posted saying they wanted care for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week you wouldn't bat an eyelid, but someone wanting childcare for 3 days is being slated?!!
I presume she doesn't normally leave the baby at all, or she would have a childcareer in place.
Why on earth shouldn't she have a break for 3 days. And she's looking on a childcare site, so wanting a qualified childminder rather than paying a neighbour £50 for the weekend.
She probably hoped to get a caring, NON JUDGEMENTAL PREOFESSIONAL.
Hands up all of you who never left a baby overnight till they were all grown up ( the poster says she has no family to help ). Just think back to when your mums have helped you and have a little m0re heart.

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't understand the problem.
Aren't we all CM's here. So, aren't we used to people wantng childcare?
So, if someone posted saying they wanted care for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week you wouldn't bat an eyelid, but someone wanting childcare for 3 days is being slated?!!
I presume she doesn't normally leave the baby at all, or she would have a childcareer in place.
Why on earth shouldn't she have a break for 3 days. And she's looking on a childcare site, so wanting a qualified childminder rather than paying a neighbour £50 for the weekend.
She probably hoped to get a caring, NON JUDGEMENTAL PREOFESSIONAL.
Hands up all of you who never left a baby overnight till they were all grown up ( the poster says she has no family to help ). Just think back to when your mums have helped you and have a little m0re heart.

well put! I for one am getting a little disheartened by some people on here!

sillybeans
15-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't see whats wrong with a parent wanting a few days to themselves?

Have I missed something?? I guess you're going to think i'm a bad mum for being grateful that my sister takes my little one over night every few months and I take her 6 in return ....

Don't we alll need a bit of 'me' time?

Tippy Toes
15-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I think its ok for everyone to have their own opinion.

I personally wouldn't go on holiday and leave my 10 month old, others may and that's up to them.

We are all different and have different views.

rickysmiths
15-03-2012, 07:11 PM
well put! I for one am getting a little disheartened by some people on here!

I'm not sure why francine all people are doing is expressing their views which maybe are not the same as others.

Maybe my reply was a bit harsh it isn't often you hear of or see a request such as this ladies and as parents there are many time we really need a break but can't have one.

Personally I would not have left my 10 month old with a stranger for 3 whole days and nights, which I think is a bit different to collecting them each night. It is quite a big thing to do for overnight.

I think it is the way she is advertizing to cover this time in this way rather than the fact that she is going away that is surprising people.

I did leave my own children over night from a few months old but I was lucky enough to have family I could leave them with for a night.

I don't think I would have felt comfortable employing what would amount to a complete stranger.

Ripeberry
15-03-2012, 07:50 PM
I think it's a bit sad that she has not got ANYONE to help look after the child. Unless of course her family are refusing for some reason.
Bet she does not realise if she did find someone to do it they will charge MORE than the holiday, so is it worth going away without baby? :rolleyes:

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure why francine all people are doing is expressing their views which maybe are not the same as others.

Maybe my reply was a bit harsh it isn't often you hear of or see a request such as this ladies and as parents there are many time we really need a break but can't have one.

Personally I would not have left my 10 month old with a stranger for 3 whole days and nights, which I think is a bit different to collecting them each night. It is quite a big thing to do for overnight.

I think it is the way she is advertizing to cover this time in this way rather than the fact that she is going away that is surprising people.

I did leave my own children over night from a few months old but I was lucky enough to have family I could leave them with for a night.

I don't think I would have felt comfortable employing what would amount to a complete stranger.

I am all for people expressing their views, and if we all thought the same then the world would be a very boring place indeed (although a lot more harmonious!) I love a good debate too! I like to think that I respect other people's points of view and I try to consider people's feelings too. I think that there are too many posts on here that come across as harsh - my other thread (that you have replied on) is all about that - all I was asking was could people think first before posting!

back to the childcare ad - maybe the lady is hoping to meet and get to know the carer before her holiday and therefore she/he wouldn't be a complete stranger - we were all complete strangers at one point in time to the families that we provide care for - you have to start somewhere.

neither would I have left my 10 month old with anyone other than family - but then I am very lucky in that we have both sets of grandparents willing and able to provide childcare for us - not everyone is so lucky, and it is a bit harsh to judge someone without knowing their full circumstances.

and how else will she find childcare without advertising for it?

Tealady
16-03-2012, 02:39 PM
It's three nights!.... I'd be shocked if it was a fortnight.

Playmate
16-03-2012, 04:27 PM

I agree francine, she may be a single parent (and not everyone chooses to be a single parent!) its tough and many are not lucky enough to have close family :(

acorns
16-03-2012, 09:40 PM
:eek: I'm shocked. I would never have dreamed leaving my dd at that age for 4 nights, unless she had severe SEN and I needed respite, but the ad is not about that. One of the responsibilities of parenthood is that, whilst we may like to have a holiday without children in tow (I do dream about it:)), we have them & need to accept that the freedom previously enjoyed has to go on hold for a while.

carol cameron
17-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Well, each to their own. It's not something I would have done personally but as other posters have said we don't know the circumstances.

My husband and I never even managed a night out together for years as we had no babysitters so just went out on different nights (occassionally) and I know how I would have felt if I hadn't had that break......

Mind, I would love to know how much she thinks she's going to have to pay for that level of care.:blush: