PDA

View Full Version : Co childminding how exactly does it work?!!

smurfette
15-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Just wondered if any of you do/ did this? A friend and I are
Both minders and love quite near to each other. We spend a lot of time
Together meeting most days, it's great for the little ones to mix and great for us to have the company!

We were wondering about doing it on a more formal basis at my house so how does it work?

Do you each hve your own mindees and deal
With patents yourself or do you book kids into the setting rather than as individuals? As you know I am in Ireland so don't worry about the tax / ratios en of it it's all different here anyways! I can have five under 6s no more of two of these can be under 15 months

adele1985
15-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Just wondered if any of you do/ did this? A friend and I are
Both minders and love quite near to each other. We spend a lot of time
Together meeting most days, it's great for the little ones to mix and great for us to have the company!

We were wondering about doing it on a more formal basis at my house so how does it work?

Do you each hve your own mindees and deal
With patents yourself or do you book kids into the setting rather than as individuals? As you know I am in Ireland so don't worry about the tax / ratios en of it it's all different here anyways! I can have five under 6s no more of two of these can be under 15 months

Hi hun, i used to co mind with a friend (im in england) we registerd as a partnership, we worked from my house and advertised as a partnership rather than individuals- we split everything down the middle and i took 150 a month for bills (rent, gas, electric, council tax, water phone ect)

I can only speak from my expereince but it went very sour for me (see my post "what would you do" probely one of the first post o posetd on here )

Anyway if you do go ahead with it you need to think about

What would happen if one of you couldent work for any reason - how would that affect what you each get paid - we used to just have the same amonut of days off (if she was ill then i would just have the time off the following week - we also had assistants to cover if we were ill)

How you would deivide the money

who would provide the meals

what would happen if you decided you didnt want to work together - where would the children go

Who is going to be responsable for the banking and paperwork

I would put everything like this into a contract before you started working together so you both know where you stand

Like i said i can only comment on my own expoerience but make sure you both understand how much work is inlovled (which you do as you are both already childminers) In my case we both came from working in a nursery setting and the other minder wasent happy with not getting breaks during the day ect)

Also think about when you want a day off but you still have mindees your house is not really your house - well thats how it worked out for me on my days off i either had to stay in the bedroom or go out for the day i couldent just relax as there were still children there

I can 100 percent say im alot happier working on my own

Hope this helps :-)