PDA

View Full Version : how would you charge for this??

smurfette
14-03-2012, 07:40 PM
I had an enquiry today after losing my full
Timer this morning

Currently I have two other mindees one is Monday to Friday one week and Wednesday to Friday the next and one is three days a week. Tues to thurs tho possible I could change the days of this lo.

The enquiry was from a midwife whose dh works away a bit it is for a six month old from June

It would be 1,2 or 3 days a week depending on shift and his hours , this would be 8/830 until 630.. This would be different days different weeks with a months notice so in effect taking a full time space

And approx one day a month When he is away it will be to cover her whole shift approx 630qm to 9/930 pm

Now I don't know if I even want to do this and told her I would think about it and get back to her tomorrow she seems
Quite desperate though as the hours are so difficult

Would i charge a restrainer / deposit if so how much?

Can i charge extra for the anti social hours if so how much?

And How many days a week will I charge for?

Any advice would be great so I can weigh it up thanks!!

littlecheeks
15-03-2012, 11:17 AM
hello,

in terms of a deposit i take one for all mindees at the start of a contract and hold until the end of a contract. i also take payments in advance.

you could charge a retainer fee as long as you were available on them days to work if she needed you.

unsocialable hours? yes i think it is fair to charge more. i charge more after 6pm or before 8am and at weekends. its only 50p more per hour, but thats up to you.

personally i would charge her for the days she uses per week, i wouldnt feel fair charging for 3 days a week if she only needed 1 that week. it would be quite expensive for her. but maybe hold a 3 day payment deposit?
but it really is up to you what your happy to do.

sarahjane
15-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I have a policy for shift workers that take up what is effectively a full time place that I charge for a minimum of 25 hours per week (works out 5 hours per day retained) I cannot afford to just charge for hours used. As it is, I've never had to charge in this way so not sure if people would be happy with it or not.