PDA

View Full Version : Here is a lesson to us all

smurfette
14-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Well to me anyway and anyone else who doesn't take a deposit of four weeks payment up front!

My pita parent gave me notice on monday as after three weeks of the lo being sick with a cough and vomiting with it and parent not taking her to dr, and mum saying she was fine, she came down with green diarrohea on Wednesday. At this stage i was fed up of calling her or granny to take her home as she as in now way or form fit to be here and I told them to keep her off Til Monday (48 hours after diarrohea) and to give time for antibiotic to work ... (lung infection)

So mum said a nursery would still have taken her (apparently she was just teething) and she needed someone who would take her as it was an inconvenience I hadnt so she is putting her into nursery. Also I had had three half days off in a year (no other hols except a week at Christmas) this was also an inconvenience .. Two of these Half days were when my sisters baby died of for death

She said she would be finishing end of this week and as I hadnt a contract I couldn't say much. However unusually she hadn't paid me for last week normally pays on a Friday and she wasn't here do expected money in bag
Monday

No money Monday text mum she said only got paid today havent been to bank would get it to me ASAP. Tuesday no money in bag .. Text her last night saying please bring it tomorrow as I have direct debits to pay. Stupidly didnt check I this am when she said it was in bag and when I looked I hadn't been paid for thursday and Friday. I rang her and it all blew up basically she didn't see why she should pay me as I had excluded child not her keeping her off, dr had said not contagious (not so we have all had it since including mindee who's mum is due next week) and dr said she was ok to come. Told her same as policy last 12 months I have had her and same as any nursery the child wouldn't be accepted .. Anyway the argument raged back and forth but I blew my top when she told me if i wanted paying for last week I could deduct it off the overpayment she made me on Feb 13th (she generously had paid me the one and a half days I took off when my niece died which I was grateful for and told her so) anyway couldn't believe she came out with that and said right no pay no care I finish now. So she is gone. I am relieved as she was pita and the child was a major whinger through no fault of her own) and I had such a quiet day today!

I should be paid alright for the two days I did this week as she agreed to this and I have some of the baby's things here plus I see her at school but there you go I have been left without a leg to stand on through my own fault and i am down 800 euros a month.

So moral of long ramble story always take a deposit and the ones you bend over backwards for will always screw you most!!! Don't suppose she would have appreciated one weeks notice to find alternative care!

onceinabluemoon
14-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Why didn't you have a contract? I'm guessing you're not in England (losing Euros) but can't place where you are from memory.

You've learnt a horrid but very valuable lesson and I doubt you'll ever do it again. The non contract thing works two ways and you've been able to say 'jog on' and get rid. Now enjoy your peace and quiet and look forward to some much nicer families x

catminder
14-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Sounds like you're best without this mum. Hope you find a lovely family soon to replace her :thumbsup:

silvermist
14-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Crikey that is a lesson to be learned, just started up so I will keep that in mind. Sorry youve been treated this was but sounds like emotionally youll be better off with out her! :)

Ripeberry
14-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I think you said ages ago that you are in Eire, is that right? Anyway, much better off without that parent. Good vibes to find a new 'normal and nice' parent
:):thumbsup:

smurfette
15-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys yes horrid lesson to learn! I am in Ireland contracts arent common here and in fact put some people off and this was one of my first clients before I found this fab site!!!

My confidence is totally shot I was nervous opening the door this a
To one of my other customers this am who is lovely but now feel worried everything will go pear shaped.

Here's hoping I get my money! I had three enquiries yesterday after advertising none of which are ideal with start time / hours but I think I may be able to work something out

Erika
15-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Sounds like you are well shot of her.

Don't be downheartened by it.

boxtree7
15-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Pick yourself up and start enjoying minding again. Does childminding Ireland not offer you any help.

fluff1975
15-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Well done for getting rid I say! I'm sure you'll be much happier without the stress of this mum who from reading your posts sounds totally irresponsible.

You will find a lovely family soon I'm sure and when you do just be clear from the start what your terms are.

Ooh, I've emailed you the sickness policy btw. Only just seen your msg, sorry :o

Pipsqueak
15-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Sending you a duster to dust yourself down with....

lesson learned and all that..... sorry you have had to experience it but I think we all live and learn.

now what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (ooooh hark at my cliches tonight) and you will bounce back from this.....:)

Tink
16-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I know you said contracts are not common in Ireland but from what you have just experienced I suggest you write one for your next parents, whether they like it or not. It will cover you for if something like this happens again, and yes your right, it's the nice ones that screw you xxx

smurfette
16-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Aw thanks guys thats great thank you for the encouragement and not making me feel stoopid (even tho I was!) she called in yesterday evening with the money she owed me last week and a lovely plant and thank you card saying thank you for all the care you gave j she had a great time with you. She said she was sorry for the way things had gone and was quite teary when we talked about the nursery I do wonder how much Pressure was being put on her by her back ups (mum and sister) as dad doesn't do any of the child care isn't really involved at all and i know from what they said they resented it. I am still down the two days she was off last week but as we will see each other all the time we mended the bridge . I do think she was brave to come down off her high horse yesterday

Anyway I am lucky there is work around all be it not full time
But as has often been said on here it's not good to depend on full timers anyway,, so will dust myself off with pips duster thanks pip!!!

There now there is a few clichés back at you! And thanks for sickness policy fluffy. You guys rock!!!!