PDA

View Full Version : Mindee pinched and scratched me...

Fraggle1
14-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Hiya!

Just abit confused really...today when mum come to pick mindee up I went to get him and whilst holding him he pinched me on my arm, I said "no, we don't do this it hurts", next minute whilst still holding him he scratched me!! I couldn't believe it because he has NEVER done this (I've had him for over a year now) but it seems he does this to mum and dad alot.
I'm not sure whether it was a confidence thing that because Mum turned up he thought he could do it to me too or what? Anyone else had anything similar and what did you do about it? I know it's only happened once but knowing mindee this is the start of things to come!

Thanks in advance xx

onceinabluemoon
14-03-2012, 06:53 PM
How old is he?

Zoomie
14-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Well, I would have done exactly as you did and told mindee off, and I would have tried to draw parent into conversation so that mindee can see you sing from the same hymn sheet.

How old is mindee ?

Ripeberry
14-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I look after an almost 20 month old and he is always getting very angry with his mum. Keeps hitting her around the face and pulls her hair. She does say NO! sternly, but he is just so angry.
Today was a bad day as he kept hitting his older brother 3.7yrs old and even bit him hard! At pick up time it was hit mum time again.
Phew!
Hopefully he may calm down soon :rolleyes:

Fraggle1
14-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Hiya!

He is 25 mths old. He is quite bad with his mum and dad, I've seen him grab her hair and slap his dads face with both hands...but up until now he's not done any of that to me...so bad. x

Ripeberry
14-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Is he talking yet? Sometimes they get so frustrated at everything that they take it out on the ones they love the most. Strange how some kids go through this and not others. The older brother that I mind never did anything like this and is still quiet around other kids, but he will fight his brother. But at other times they are so loving and cute, can't win :rolleyes:

Fraggle1
15-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks for your reply :) He is talking alot more and does understand loads of things, Not doing this is something I know he understands...think I am going to talk to him about it today cause if he does it to another child he's going to get a shock when he gets got back!!! lol x