PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessment Help

aj2579
14-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi all, wonder if you super experienced cm's could help me with my risk assessments, these things boggle my mind i have blanks but have no clue where to start?
thank you

catminder
14-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I used some forms from South Gloucestershire Council. They should come up if you google. HTH

onceinabluemoon
14-03-2012, 07:02 PM
its really not as scary as you think :)

Take a trip to the park, what are the dangers on route, when you get there, when you leave, getting home again.

I'll start you off:

On route
car - restraints, petrol, break down etc

bus - missing it!, breakdown, it not turning up, accidents etc

walking - cars on pavements, child running into road etc

park, falling off equipment, getting hit by swings, stranger danger etc

Then when you've done all you can think off say how you will keep the children safe.

e.g. bus: keep child in buggy, handle towards front of bus so buggy stable, catch bus before the last one you can catch to allow extra time for it being late etc

park: keep young children away from swings, don't allow on equipment which is unsuitable for the age and stage of development. Don't let them wander off, use high vis or wrist labels etc

Does that help?

aj2579
14-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Brillant thank you so much for you help shall make an start and let you know how i get on, its all about getting round it in my head on what it is i have to do so thank you so much :-)

onceinabluemoon
14-03-2012, 07:23 PM
If its any help, I do mine in a table. 3 columns:
1. activity/action,
2. risk
3. how I will minimise it.

Then its nice and easy to see. Don't forget you need to put your name on it, sign it and date it. Also write a review date (mine says within one year or as necessary)

aj2579
15-03-2012, 02:03 PM
If its any help, I do mine in a table. 3 columns:
1. activity/action,
2. risk
3. how I will minimise it.

Then its nice and easy to see. Don't forget you need to put your name on it, sign it and date it. Also write a review date (mine says within one year or as necessary)

Oh didnt realise i had to put those details on thank you xx

Jods
15-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I have my House hold RA set up as a tick list on my fridge x

I have seperated it into daily, weekly and monthly, supported with an equipment check list and a cleaning check list.

I found it a faff to open the folder and tick it off, and this way I can see whats what.

Every journey I make I have a RA, these are kept in my RA folder, I did a general RA for a car journey, and if I use the car for an outing it goes onthe outigs RA, and just says see Car RA x

aj2579
15-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I have my House hold RA set up as a tick list on my fridge x

I have seperated it into daily, weekly and monthly, supported with an equipment check list and a cleaning check list.

I found it a faff to open the folder and tick it off, and this way I can see whats what.

Every journey I make I have a RA, these are kept in my RA folder, I did a general RA for a car journey, and if I use the car for an outing it goes onthe outigs RA, and just says see Car RA x

Loving this idea thank you, well ive now made a start a very slow one just need to concentrate a bit more this seems to be the one thing i struggle with!!