PDA

View Full Version : Always MY son

Helen Dempster
14-03-2012, 05:55 PM
That ends up getting hurt!!!

6yo mindee is very clumsy, always falling over things, not paying attention in what he's doing etc (all the family are the same lol). They were all playing in the garden just now, mindee was on a scooter and DS was running near him, when mindee stops suddenly and my DS ends up tripping over the scooter and whacking his head hard on the concrete - huge bump, ****** nose etc. I felt sick, but luckily he's ok. Mindee then gets really cross because my DS told him it was his fault, and starts shouting, throwing things etc etc. I calmed the situation down and gave the talk about accidents happen and we all must learn from it, move on etc - but you know when you feel as though you're talking to the wall.....? :angry: The last time my son got hurt when this same mindee was playfighting with his brother and my DS ended up with a split head in A&E! I suppose i should be grateful it's not one of the mindees it happens to, esp the littlies, but even so....my poor DS :(

silvermist
14-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Poor little chap! Hope he's ok :)

sarah707
14-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Ouchy! Bless him I hope he feels better soon xx

kellib
14-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Poor wee man :( hope he feels better soon! x

catminder
14-03-2012, 06:40 PM
:eek: Hope he feels better soon

Erika
15-03-2012, 08:30 PM
6yo mindee is very clumsy, always falling over things, not paying attention in what he's doing etc (all the family are the same lol).(

I'd be concerned about this. At the age of 6, these are classic signs of DCD which funnily enough used to be called 'clumsy child syndrome' The disorder used to be dismissed by medical professionals until recent years where it was discovered that there is a lot more to it than co-ordination issues, though those are usually the factor which first brings it to attention. There are varied debates about whether the disorder is heritable. Some experts argue that studies show it isn't, some experts insist that studies show it is.