PDA

View Full Version : Thread worms

nipper
14-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Parent has just informed me that brother of mindee has had threadworms. She had treated the whole family...do I need to be concerned?

Linda Mc
14-03-2012, 04:40 PM
My son had it years ago & even though no one else in the family had it we all still had to take the tablets. :panic:

I'm no expert but I'm guessing if the little one was in your home you might have to do the same thing, best to be on the safe side!

Mouse
14-03-2012, 04:49 PM
One of my mindees had it years ago & their whole family was treated. I asked at the pharmacy & they said we didn't need to be.

I suppose nurseries or schools don't treat everyone if one child has them and I guess our hygiene is often better than some of those - seperate towels, frequent handwashing etc.

JCrakers
14-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Ugh...horrid things..my DD had it a few years ago and delightfully passed it on to me
I dont know if she was the only one who had it or where she got it from (prob school because they never have any soap :panic:)
We were all treated and I told the family I worked with (only had 1 family then) Im not sure if they treated themselves.

Maybe if you keep checking all the families poop and keep a look out for the little blighters.

nipper
14-03-2012, 05:31 PM
oh great, thanks!

miffy
14-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Maybe if you keep checking all the families poop and keep a look out for the little blighters.

Now there's something to look forward too! :panic::laughing:

Miffy xx

tialil
14-03-2012, 07:41 PM
If you dont have the brother then no no need to treat. If minded child has worms then yes treat the whole family - thats what we were told by our GP surgery when one of my minded children had them a few years back.
Making me want to itch now lol :eek::laughing:

nipper
14-03-2012, 10:56 PM
I've just realised she's been complaining about an itchy bum for a few weeks now...sorry TMI...maybe she's had them?

boxtree7
15-03-2012, 07:33 AM
you can be itchy for days before they show up ! especially at during bed time - you will have to remember to check poos.

buzzy bee
15-03-2012, 09:19 AM
One of my mindees had it a couple of months ago but we were all okay, so you might be alright!

bestmum2have
15-03-2012, 10:14 AM
They are horrible little things...........easily treated though with tablets.