PDA

View Full Version : grr....

lulubelle
14-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a Lo who's mum goes to uni 2days a wk and 3rd is her study day (and she occasionally goes into uni) anyway he has just had very loose nappy, was also very funny about me changing him so I have text mum and said are you at uni today as s just had loose nappy isn't right etc and i get 'i am out can you bath him and see how he is in a bit' I wouldn't mind but my mum is quite poorly in hospital and i really wanna visit her tomorrow!

rickysmiths
14-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry but what is the real issue here? Is the child ill or do you need a day off to go and see your mum so if the baby has a loose nappy you can exclude him for 48 hrs so you get tomorrow to see your mum?

I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh but maybe you just need to be honest with the babies mum and take a day off tomorrow and go and see you mum even though you won't get paid.

leeloo1
14-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I read it that if LO was ill and lulubelle caught a bug she wouldn't be able to see her mum? Apologies if I misread it though.

francinejayne
14-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry but what is the real issue here? Is the child ill or do you need a day off to go and see your mum so if the baby has a loose nappy you can exclude him for 48 hrs so you get tomorrow to see your mum?

I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh but maybe you just need to be honest with the babies mum and take a day off tomorrow and go and see you mum even though you won't get paid.

I have to say that your comments did come across as harsh to me! surely rather than coming across as harsh and then apologising you could perhaps word your responses a little nicer in the first place? only saying!!!

I think the OP had a genuine concern in that the LO seemed to be poorly and she didn't want to be dealing with that and potentially catching something herself meaning that she would not be able to visit her mum.

To the OP - I guess you now know if the LO continued being poorly, I hope that you don't catch anything nasty and I hope that you are still able to visit your mum. x

EmmaReed84
14-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I have a Lo who's mum goes to uni 2days a wk and 3rd is her study day (and she occasionally goes into uni) anyway he has just had very loose nappy, was also very funny about me changing him so I have text mum and said are you at uni today as s just had loose nappy isn't right etc and i get 'i am out can you bath him and see how he is in a bit' I wouldn't mind but my mum is quite poorly in hospital and i really wanna visit her tomorrow!

Personally I would not have text asking if parent was at uni... if the child is ill then the child is ill regardless of is parent is in uni or not.

If you feel this nappy warrents a collection then you text and say "LO appears to have diarrhea you need to collect" leave no room for "bath him and see what happened"