PDA

View Full Version : Naps

Annelize
14-03-2012, 10:45 AM
What sleeping arrangements do you use ie. Where do you put them? I know it’s not really good practice but one of the kiddies will only sleep in the pushchair (it’s one that goes completely flat) mum is happy with this but wondered what Ofsted would say? Does everyone have numerous cots or do you use baby fold out mattresses etc.?

kel1983
14-03-2012, 10:58 AM
we have a 2.5 year who sleeps either on the sofa or we have large cushions that he likes to sleep on the floor. He doesnt sllep in a cot at home so wont sleep in one while here.

We also have a 19 month old who sleeps in a pushchair. she is able to climb out of the cot so we do this for her own safety.

~Chelle~
14-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Ofsted were fine with me using a pushchair to sleep in. As long as it lies flat and the child is safely strapped in, then I don't see any problem. Make sure you do a risk assessment and get permission from parents, just to cover yourself.

I used to use pushchairs when I had two mindee's. Now I just have the one and have a travel cot set up in my living room for him to sleep in x

AgentTink
14-03-2012, 11:36 AM
I have my whole house registered for use so i am able to use upstairs. I have my own little girl who is 2 years 7 months, mindee 2 years every day and another mindee 20 months 2 to 3 days. They all sleep after lunch for 2 hours. My little girl goes to her room, and i have 2 travel cots one permentaly set up in the spare bedroom and then i set up the 2nd travel cot in my bedroom when needed. I have a multi baby monitor which does the 2 mindees rooms.

ziggy
14-03-2012, 02:02 PM
I have 3 travel cots, using 2 at moment (one in my room and one in spare room) also have 2 single beds and double bed spare for older ones. Have a child once a week who sleeps in buggy in living room as requested by his mummy. Prefer children to sleep upstairs in cot/bed though as i'm lucky enough to have the room and they dont get disturbed

kellib
14-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I have one LO who will only sleep in a cot so I have a travel cot set up in my son's bedroom when he is here and another LO who will only sleep in a buggy (and who goes mental if you try lie him flat in it!) so he sleeps in his buggy here.

miffy
14-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Being in a bungalow definitely makes it easier - I have travel cots set up in the bedrooms :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

singingcactus
14-03-2012, 05:53 PM
I used to use pushchairs, but these days the little ones I have take themselves off to the mattresses we have set up for sitting on and put themselves down for a nap there when they are ready.
I really really don't like travel cots, and I don't have room for proper cots. Using pushchairs is not bad practise, don't worry about it.