PDA

View Full Version : Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky

chez1373
28-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Good evening all

Im having a little problem with a parent when we signed contracts she asked if ever she missed a day could she pass it over to the following week or even in a few days i said NO i dont do this contracted days are to be paid for regardless if used or not.. she was fine with this (trying to push her luck)

Now we have changed the contract to every other week. we are a week into the new contract she is asking to not use one of the days as dad is having them but use it for the following week i am the type of person that cant say no.. but i have just sent a text back saying no sorry contracted days are to be paid for if used or not it will have to be an extra day...

This may sound harsh but if i did it once this would happen every week and im not prepared to do it its not fair on me i dont know if im coming or goin...

WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO PLEASE???????

carolinel
28-05-2008, 10:34 PM
personally I think you've done the right thing. You have to stick to your guns otherwise she will take libertys and especially as you specifically said it can't be done.

Lou
28-05-2008, 10:35 PM
You have done the right thing, and i would do the same!!!

crazybones
28-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Youve done the right thing. She is testing you to see if she can take the p. Stick to your guns. :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
28-05-2008, 10:38 PM
You have done the right thing.

Start off the way you mean to carry on

Carol xx

chez1373
28-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys i think i just need someone else to tell me iwas doing the right thing....

She has been with me since dec 07 and she knew i didnt do this also she still owes me for an extra day last week she keeps saying she forgets to do it but its only 22£ and i dont like to ask her for it..

Blaze
28-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Good evening all

Im having a little problem with a parent when we signed contracts she asked if ever she missed a day could she pass it over to the following week or even in a few days i said NO i dont do this contracted days are to be paid for regardless if used or not.. she was fine with this (trying to push her luck)

Now we have changed the contract to every other week. we are a week into the new contract she is asking to not use one of the days as dad is having them but use it for the following week i am the type of person that cant say no.. but i have just sent a text back saying no sorry contracted days are to be paid for if used or not it will have to be an extra day...

This may sound harsh but if i did it once this would happen every week and im not prepared to do it its not fair on me i dont know if im coming or goin...

The same as you for the same reasons...well done for sticking to your guns!:clapping:

Blaze
28-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Just post her an invoice for oustanding monies owed...or add it to her next bill.:)

chez1373
28-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Its so hard isnt it Blaze...

She paysby direct debit same amount every week and when i send her invoice and receipts she bins them doesnt even look at them anymore as they were always the same she says she doesnt need a recipt as she has the bank account for proof......

Apart from say u owe me ive tried everything i can think off lol

Blaze
28-05-2008, 10:52 PM
It is hard yes...but you need to get tough! If needs be then say to her...don't forget that £22 is still outstanding...! :)

Blaze
28-05-2008, 10:54 PM
You can probably tell i used to be a soft touch...then I worked out how much money I had "let go" :eek: ...no more!!!!:D

chez1373
28-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I still am lol

However i have just charged a parent £10.00 an hour for two hours a day 7-9 mon to fri plus picking child up from home....

Thats wasnt my idea bythe way just before someone shouts at me for charging to much lol

Blaze
28-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Sounds like your getting tougher!:thumbsup:

chez1373
28-05-2008, 11:15 PM
lol i am trying hehe

angeldelight
29-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Well done for being tough

You are right so stick to your guns

Angel xx

katickles
29-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah i'd have done the same. Now you just need to get your outstanding money :)

disney
29-05-2008, 08:30 AM
you need to stick to what you have agreed in the contract . i have had this once or twice by a parent and she thinks she can do it when ever 7 at the last minute :angry: i have had to be stronge now but wish i had done it right at the begining x

Hannahlg
29-05-2008, 03:02 PM
yep we would of done that aswell

tulip0803
29-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree.:) I would have said the same

miffy
29-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I think you did the right thing.

If she is not happy you could ask her what she would do if her employer said he didn't need her one week but she could work an extra day the next to make up - I doubt she would be very happy.

Stay strong and tough :thumbsup:

miffy xx

ajs
29-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Good evening all

i absolutley agree with you contracted days are used or paid for
i have an agreement with a mum that if she swaps a day in the same week then she can pay half for the swapped day so she pays 3 and a half days for 3 days worked if she wants to swap two days she pays 4 days for 3 days worked i am happy with that and so is she.

Wendy Woo
29-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I think u have done the right thing.
Stick to ur guns!!!:thumbsup:

chez1373
29-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Well ive tried to get in touch with mum to check everything is ok and ive not heard back from her so im at a loss as to what to do i only have these children at the weekends and im very tempted to finish weekends alltogether....

I dont like tention boohoo

chez1373
30-05-2008, 07:59 PM
well guys thought id keep you all informed on the contracted days business,

Mum never got back intouch so i didnt worry myself to much until i got home from the gym and was told she had phoned and i neede to ring her asap...

I plucked up the courage and rang her she only asked if we could swap a weekend......

HELLO... thats what ivaid no to only the other day... she wasnt happen when i said i couldnt do it ive got to stick to my guns and she is making it very difficult to do...

She has now canceled tomorrow but she knows she has to pay but we wil see...

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Wonder why she is being so difficult?

Well done for sticking it out though

Hope she pays you let us know

Angel xx

miffy
30-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I'd get your money and then give her notice

Too much hassle - what a pain

Sorry you're being mucked about

Hope you get it sorted

miffy xx

chez1373
30-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I would love to give her notice but im the type of personn who cant do it i want to stop doing weekends anyway and thats when i have them but i also pick them up take mum to work stoop off at the shop for her then do the same on the way home pick p from work pos go the shop and take home.....

I dont charge for fuel which i should and ive already dropped the weekly payment as she said tax credits wouldnt pay...

Im at my witts end and my children dont get on very well with them i found the 5yr old boy with his hands around my 2yr olds neck and when i informed mum she laughed it off and said boys will be boys.....

I was so mad i cryed my eyes out when i got home.
He also calls everyone "Gay" and i hate the word i think its horrible i tell him we dont use words like that and its not nice to call people Gay and when i tell mum she says was you joking
Well as im pulling away she shouts to the kids stop being gay.... Hello

I will find the courage to end the contract when i put it into words like this it makes me want to end it now......

manjay
30-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I would love to give her notice but im the type of personn who cant do it i want to stop doing weekends anyway and thats when i have them but i also pick them up take mum to work stoop off at the shop for her then do the same on the way home pick p from work pos go the shop and take home.....

I dont charge for fuel which i should and ive already dropped the weekly payment as she said tax credits wouldnt pay...

Im at my witts end and my children dont get on very well with them i found the 5yr old boy with his hands around my 2yr olds neck and when i informed mum she laughed it off and said boys will be boys.....

I was so mad i cryed my eyes out when i got home.
He also calls everyone "Gay" and i hate the word i think its horrible i tell him we dont use words like that and its not nice to call people Gay and when i tell mum she says was you joking
Well as im pulling away she shouts to the kids stop being gay.... Hello

I will find the courage to end the contract when i put it into words like this it makes me want to end it now......

I hope you are able to find the courage to end it. Sounds like you are being taken advantage of big time

Big hugs to you

chez1373
30-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Thank you i think i shall give notice sunday and see what mum says about it..

Banana
31-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I think you are right to give notice!

You have also done the right thing in sticking to your contract as stated at the begining.

good luck and keep us informed

x