PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS HAPPENING VERY FAST!

silvermist
13-03-2012, 07:00 PM
:panic:Oh my, i only got my certificate on friday and ive just had some phone calls. One parent coming in morning, another early evening! Its a bit scary! Any thing I need to remember or any advice would be greatly appreciated. :panic:

EmmaReed84
13-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Know what you want to say, have questions ready you want to know, show your portfolio and be confident... Good Luck xxx

WibbleWobble
13-03-2012, 07:09 PM
1, dont panic
2, dont panic
3, dont panic
4, dont panic.....

mandy xxx

sharonmanc
13-03-2012, 07:10 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Fab news, not been there yet myself, so no tips, but good luck x

silvermist
13-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Ive gone a bit blank! They both said they definately want to use me, which is brilliant news but Im suddenly really nervous. Ive already met one of them which is ok because she was really lovely but Ive not met the second one but she wants me because a friend has told her about me. I guess it will get easier! At what point do you sign contracts? :blush:

Loushah
13-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I give them a guided tour first, then take them into living room, give them my portfolio and offer them tea. I make sure that I have age suitable toys out in the living room and give as much interaction with the child as possible, if they are happy and comfortable with then the parent will feel a lot happier about living them with you......good luck!

silvermist
13-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the good advice. Could someone advise on signing contracts please. I think Im more nervous because its my first official visit and so much depends on it! I think I just need to relax and be myself. (as said by my DD) X

blue bear
13-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Some parents like to go away and come back another time to sign contracts have policies fully explained. Others ask to sign contracts on initial visits, I tend to try and read the parents and go with that.
Some times I send semi completed contract home with parent to go through and complete by x date.

primula
13-03-2012, 10:59 PM
I usually signed contracts after a settling in period (2-4 weeks depending on the hours the child is with me) just to make sure that everyone is happy with the placement, especially me:laughing:

EmmaReed84
14-03-2012, 05:57 AM
My process is a visitt with the parent when I am not working and they don't have their kids so we can talk properly. I can get an idea of their needs and they can get an idea about my setting. I briefly chat to them and show them my portfolio, give them a small note book and pen and tell them to jot down any questions they have. I tot off to make a coffee and leave them to read.

Come back and answer any questions they have. I write down what they need etc. If that goes well I then arrange another visit with the child while I am working. I will have already got an idea of the child so will have some ideas in my head of how I greet the child... (if they are shy, outgoing, like drawing, cars, dolls etc)

If parent says they want to sign up with me I get them to fill their parts of the contracts while I play, I then fill in the rest, clafiying lates fees, holidays etc.

silvermist
14-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Brilliant, thank you for all the advice, much appreciated:thumbsup:

mrstom
14-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Some brilliant advice there (as always!) Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. Be confident x

silvermist
14-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Some brilliant advice there (as always!) Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. Be confident x

Morning, Im feeling calmer this morning after reassurance from DD(again:rolleyes:) Thanks again for good advice!:thumbsup: