View Full Version : NCMA or Michael Morton?

Tippy Toes
13-03-2012, 12:44 PM
My renewal is due with NCMA and is going to cost just over £77! :panic:

Michael morton are advertising insurance for £44.

Who are you with and who would you recommend and why?

Thanks xx

13-03-2012, 02:37 PM
With NCMA you are not just paying for the insurance, but also a membership with them.

Insurance wise, the NCMA is cheaper than MM, it is the membership that costs extra.

I know that there are quite a few on here that prefer MM as, for example, if you had a non paying parent, they pay you the outstanding fees and chase the parent for payment. Also MM paperwork is meant to be better, I can't confirm this as I haven't seen it.

I have phoned the NCMA legal team once and it was a total waste of time, they were no help at all.

It is all about individual choice. Some people have just the Insurance through the NCMA and not the membership.

I am with NCMA and have been for 6 and half years. This year, however, I am seriously thinking of changing to MM as I personally cannot see what having a Membership with the NCMA is really worth? It has been of no benefit to me at all x

Chatterbox Childcare
13-03-2012, 02:51 PM
I stuck with NCMA this year as it covers bits that MM don't so look at both policies carefully.

Membership with NCMA gives Childminders alot of clout in Government when making policy to name just 1

Have you thought about NCMA membership and MM insurance?

13-03-2012, 06:03 PM
I have always been with MM and they gave me a huge amount of very positive support when I had a non payer a while ago.

I also like the fact I can save money by using my own paperwork. :D

jumping j
13-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Originally I went with NCMA because it was what was advised on the induction course and I wasn't aware of another insurance company. This year I've gone with MM partly because they were cheaper and partly so I could use my own documents/contracts

13-03-2012, 08:06 PM
MM all the way for me. Cheaper insurance and use a mix of my own paperwork and theirs, they offer good legal support to (so I've been told) :)