PDA

View Full Version : HELP please

jumping j
13-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi, so, mum who'd looked at my childcare page 12 times in 30 mins came last night, signed contract and asked if I could pick her daughter up from today!!!:eek:
She's really struggling been relying on a friend who's heavily pregnant, no family etc. luckily she'd brought her DD, 6 years old, with her so we had a chat for around an hour, I asked lo if it would be ok if I picked her up, and she nodded. Asked mum to inform school, signed contracts, emergency contact numbers etc.

Now I'm worying about what to do with her when I pick her up.
I'll have a 13 month old with me so we'll walk home.
13 month old has dinner with me at 4pm so 6 year old can have a snack then (mum wants to eat together in evening).
But what activities do I do?
I've never had one this old or just an after schoolie:eek:

Angela234
13-03-2012, 08:51 AM
I find girls easy they like crafty things, Hama beads,
i've had girls a lot older playing dolls at my house. They also like playing with younger children

I'm sure she will be fine

silvermist
13-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Hiya, I've not got any mindees who have started as yet but I think I would ask her what she'd like to do first of all. You could maybe do something crafty with her although she might just want to watch tv if she's tired after school. Hth :)

mushpea
13-03-2012, 09:17 AM
prehaps tonight you could have a chat with her maybe show her some of the activities you have or go through the argos book cutting out pictures of things she likes and make a collage of them to give you an idea,
previously I had a 6yrold who loved all crafty type things and hama beads and cooking,, now I have a 5yrold who dosent like them sort of things and would quiet happily play with brazt or my little ponies and perfers to play on her own.

Mrs Pootle
13-03-2012, 11:12 AM
One of my schoolies likes nothing more than a tub of coloured pencils,paper scissors and a glue stick. She spends ages drawing pictures, cutting them up and sticking them on another sheet of paper. Sometimes she makes something specific like a card for Mothers Day, but generally she is happy doing her own"craft".

JCrakers
13-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Girls are a doddle....wish I had more but my schoolies consist of 7 boisterous boys :rolleyes:

Ask her what her interests are because we all know we shouldnt assume that girls like the same as every other girl. But generally drawing, painting, glueing. Any crafty stuff if you have time (I dont have a lot of time for crafts after school because I have so many and the boys are not interested in the slightest)
I have a 6yr old and she loves to play with the younger ones and the dolls etc. As a rule Girls love babies so your 13month old will have a lot of attention :D

tess1981
13-03-2012, 12:13 PM
with all these ideas i have a feeling it will all be ok :)

jumping j
13-03-2012, 12:23 PM
just to say thank you for your ideas...I was going to sit with her and talk about what she likes/dislikes but I love the idea of the argos catalogue. I'm off to find it while lo is asleep so it can be out with scissors and glue for when we get home:clapping: