PDA

View Full Version : More toys

NicoleW
12-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I need some more toys. Here is what I have.

Fifi stack up game
Train track
Toy cars
Musical instruments
Books
Moshi Monsters
Farm playset
Littlest pet shop and playset
toy babies in a cot
Activity cube (like the ones you have at the doctors)
Lego

We go to the toy library every two weeks and this week I have
Magnetic blocks
Wooden hammery toy thing
Stickle bricks
Big train track

There's not that much choice at the toy library and we've had everything already :(

No money to buy any either as all my wages pay my rent and I'm not actually mnaking any profit at all

Stapleton83
12-03-2012, 10:19 PM
What about going to some toddler groups to give variety or try using some of your recyclable rubbish to make things for them to play with. A large box can make a hundred things with enough imagination.

What about pretending to dress for different seasons, using their clothes or stuff you have at home?

Sam x

NicoleW
12-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I have a 14 month old and a 20 month old with development delay so not really into the whole dressing up thing at the moment.

We're getting a wooden toy kitchen in May for my 20 month old's birthday (she's my daughter :) ) but neither of them are really at the stage yet for role playing

NicoleW
12-03-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MELISSA-AND-DOUG-WOODEN-GEOMETRIC-STACKER-TODDLER-TOY-/220962488556?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Toys_CA&hash=item33726400ec

I like this

But I already have stacking blocks. And shape sorter .. I don't want to get more of the same 'type' of thing iykwim

leeloo1
13-03-2012, 02:36 PM
How about doing more messy play. Put them bothin highchairs to limit mess and give them trays with...

cornflakes
cooked pasta/spaghetti
flour - with/without water
syrup and spoons
bubbles and water
rice and scoop/spoon and cup

etc, etc

Hours of fun from things you probably have round the house.