PDA

View Full Version : Zafira - everything I need to know...

Donkey
12-03-2012, 09:58 PM
DH has his heart set on a Zafira...

so for those of you that drive them........

which car seats have you got?

looking at these on kiddicare

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_65_10751_-1_14571_125579_10001_14568

as they convert from infant to high back easily... which means not having multiple car seats, and they are budget friendly :D

does anyone have a jusonne double and a zafira?!?!?

Twinkles
12-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I know there are people here who love their zafiras. I hate mine !

I have car seats that are the same shape as those , you'd be hard pushed to get three of them across the middle row.

When you want to put anyone in the back you have to remove all the car seats in order to move the seat forward to access the back seats.

Donkey
12-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I know, its going to be a nightmare...

but needs must :( and as I plan on not driving it then he has say...

he did an apprenticship with vauxhall and work on Zafira's all the time, so my thinking is he will be fixing said car if it breaks!

what pram have you got twinks? does it fit in the boot?

Twinkles
12-03-2012, 10:17 PM
The only double buggy I have that fits in the boot is an old mothercare umbrella type.
Most singles I have fit if you get the wheels the right way round.
I prefer tandems and no way would those fit in.

I don't use the zafira for minding any more I have a huge, old van that I love !

stardust
13-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Love my zafira! You can get 3 slim stage 2 carseats in the middle. My sliver cross single fits accross the back with both boot seats up as does my mclaren double but that is quite diddy as I can get it through my front door.

Zafi (sorry i name my car's my corsa was a corsa hi torq breeze so called breezy- miss that car!) is easy to drive, not as big as some 7 seaters. Mines a 1.8 and £20 per week does me but I do pick ups and I drive to toddler groups and a lot of running around on the weekend. Vauxhall's are cheap on parts aswell x Hope this helps x
Tara xxx

EmmaReed84
13-03-2012, 06:20 AM
I have 3 kids aged 3 and under. Two go in the very back seat and the fit perfectly. DS then goes in the middle... on the side where the seat and middle bit go down, this leave the other side free (single seat goes down for access) this is always down unless doing the school runs but it gives easy access and if I need to pull a seat out, it is usually a booster.

I had a double in the boot a tight squeeze, but 2 children now walk with monkey back packs on attached to the chair and one mindee in pushachair which fits easily.

mrs robbie williams
13-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Ive just gone from a chrysler grand voyager to a 1.8 zafira - it is alot smaller but couldnt afford to run the chrysler anymore (was putting 50 quid a week in it) ds8 sits in the back with one back seat down for access from boot.

Bluebell
13-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi - Great thread. I'm thinking of getting a zafira as they seem affordable to buy second hand and my Fiesta just isn't big enough! What kind of price is insurance?

kel1983
13-03-2012, 07:59 AM
We had a toddler seat similar to that before we changed our car to a Zafira. Didnt fit the zafira at all as the cars middle seats are slightly reclined and the seat belt would just not hold the toddler seat in place. We have a 2005 zafira and tried it in my sisters 2007 zafira and still didnt fit. I advise you to go and get seat fitted properly before you go and buy any.

We have britax prince car seats now. and a couplle of High back boosters.

A great car if you only want the 6 seats. With 7 seats up you need to be able to move the middles seats forwards to get the little ones in the back otherwise. Ok if you have older ones that can climb over the back seats.

jumping j
13-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I got my Zafira in October and absolutely love it, my 3 and 4 year olds can climb over the seats to get into the boot or I have a high backed booster in the single seat so I can move it forward without having to take car seats out, I can fit 8 month's silver cross baby carrier and 2 high backed britax boosters across the middle 3 seats.

I've found it brilliant on fuel, I have a 2L diesel, about £25 a week but I do up to 25 miles a day sometimes, morning school run, lunch time pick up/drop off and playgroups. I used to have a 1.2 peugeot and I've not noticed much difference in fuel, even though it's a much bigger car.

The insurance was about £50 more for the year and that included changing it for business use and increaseing the annual mileage. I was expecting it to be much higher!!!

Carol M
13-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi Donks!
Love my Zafira.
This is my second one 59 plate and it has a bit more room in the boot than my old 52 plate. I have just bought the Obaby Sport plus double and it fits fine, I can also get buggy pod on top of buggy in the boot if needed!
I agree seats can be a bit of a pain , I have all seats up, two in the back and if I use the middle seat in centre row, the Britax prince fits with other seats either side like the ones in your link ( got mine from Argos) but it's a squeeze.
As I don't have schoolies in term time now i don't have a problem.

Carol xx