PDA

View Full Version : WOULD YOU SAY SOMETHING

candy cat
12-03-2012, 08:23 PM
My friend was at the supermarket and waiting to park......she spotted a lo aged 2ish in between cars on her own......my friend was about to get out ....but mum comes chasing the lo and laughing......Wait......it was my mindee :panic:......She nearly got ran over here (with mum) with me is an angel!:blush: so would you mention anything to mum??

merry
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
No, I don't think I'd say anything to the Mum, I can't really imagine what you could say that wouldn't offend her. You didn't even see what happened yourself, for all you know your friend may have misconstrued what happened.

:)

nokidshere
12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
My friend was at the supermarket and waiting to park......she spotted a lo aged 2ish in between cars on her own......my friend was about to get out ....but mum comes chasing the lo and laughing......Wait......it was my mindee :panic:......She nearly got ran over here (with mum) with me is an angel!:blush: so would you mention anything to mum??

Apart from anything else its none of your business how your parent looks after her child - she wasn't with you so its not your problem. And it might have been a one off, or a quick escape - anything really and nothing happened to the child so what exactly is the problem here?

Saying anything at all to mum would be out of order, at best she would be mortified and at worst she would accuse you of spying on her!!!

tess1981
12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
think i agree... less said easy mended ;)

EmmaReed84
13-03-2012, 06:45 AM
What would you gain from telling mum?

I would just concentrate on talking about the road when you are out. I have always chatted when crossing the road saying look both ways etc since my kids were old enough to babble.

Now even my 18 month old mindee says "Look" when we get near a road, she has no concept as to why but you just build on that as they get older.

When DS was three on NYE he managed to get out the house as his Dad went to collect a family member, he ran off and no one saw him go. I thought I heard him and went frantic but he was gone. Everyone went looking for him and DH got back and remembered we always told him never to cross roads so he did a circuit of our block and found him. He literally went right and right again he was only 3 at the time!

miffy
13-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't mention anything to mum either - you didn't see this happen, your friend did and, however well-intentioned your friend is, you don't know that her account is accurate. I could just see this opening up a whole can of worms and for what? If you had seen the incident yourself, that's different but acting on what someone else says they saw is a no-no for me.

Miffy xx