PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England – A Practical

WibbleWobble
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
have a look at this......

mandy xxxx

http://www.schoolfoodtrust.org.uk/parents-carers/for-parents-carers/eat-better-start-better/voluntary-food-and-drink-guidelines-for-early-years-settings-in-england-a-practical-guide

mushpea
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I do wish these people would make up their minds,, in the sun today it said the 5 portions of fruit and veg are now causing major tooth decay,, when my son was younger the health visitor said snack on fruit yet the dentist said not fruit it rots the teeth snack on crips! now I have been told my son is underweight as he is so active yet the dentist says no snacking between meals aaaarrrggghhh.
seriously though I understand this guide is meant for people who dont understand whats healthy and whats not and its aimed at people who need educating in how to feed young children but as a childcare proffesional I find all this a waste of time and a little insulting,, i have been feeding kids for 13yrs and know whats healthy and whats not and most childcare people do aswell,, its the parents of today that need educating and the children too.

crazyhazy
12-03-2012, 08:40 PM
thanks for the link, had a quick look and it looks quite helpful, liking the packed lunch ideas as I'm always looking for something different for my own child.

samb
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the link - I think I am pretty knowledgable about nutrition but I did particularly like the recommended amount for each type of food and when is best to give it to them. The checklists look useful at the end too.