PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP! Parents visiting later and i've had a total mind block!...

Mgoudie
12-03-2012, 02:21 PM
It's been roughly 6 months since I've had a parent come and visit me, and i can't think for the life of me the questions I need to ask the parent...can anyone give me a list of things I should ask...I'm worrying a little too much i think :eek:

mrs robbie williams
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
i just usually ask them exactly what they are looking for ie days/hours etc., show them my 'parent folder' which has got a bit all about me, typical day/menu, places we visit, all my policies and procedures. While they are looking i usually take the child off and play with them. I find they usually ask about fees/deposit :rolleyes: I explain that i offer a settling in period, dont charge for my holidays/sickness charge for theirs etc. I ask them if they have viewed any other childcare settings. Then i ask them if they have any questions - good luck you'll be fine xx

rosebud
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
What hours are they looking for? When do they need a place? Will this be long term / short term? How old is their child? What are the most important things to them regarding a childcare place? How important are routines to them? (Can be a sticking point for some parents / childminder relationships) Does their child have any special needs? Special diet? What are their jobs? Just be interested in them and their family and make sure they go away knowing your fees, what you do about holidays, mealtimes, etc, and SELL YOURSELF!

silvermist
12-03-2012, 03:20 PM
What hours are they looking for? When do they need a place? Will this be long term / short term? How old is their child? What are the most important things to them regarding a childcare place? How important are routines to them? (Can be a sticking point for some parents / childminder relationships) Does their child have any special needs? Special diet? What are their jobs? Just be interested in them and their family and make sure they go away knowing your fees, what you do about holidays, mealtimes, etc, and SELL YOURSELF!

Same for me. Good luck:thumbsup: