PDA

View Full Version : pen pals

julie w
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I thought it would be a great idea for my mindees to have some pen pals. I know these days everything is done via the pc, but I would love to get them letter writing, possibly to another country. Does anyone know how I'd go about finding some pen friends? We used to do it at school and I loved receiving letters. Thank you.

silvermist
12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Hiya, you can find a pen pal from schools in other countries. Its been a while since I did it but if you google penpals something may pop up. Also charitys often have a link, try unicef or oxfam, it would be good for your multi cultural too. Hth x:thumbsup:

pinkbutterfly
12-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Try http://www.postcrossing.com/ ... look in their forum section there is a separate penpal section. The website itself is a very interesting concept and I once was highly addicted to it (still have a box with over 2000 postcards from all over the world) maybe worth investigating as my children loved finding the country the postcard came from on the map.

catminder
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Try http://www.postcrossing.com/ ... look in their forum section there is a separate penpal section. The website itself is a very interesting concept and I once was highly addicted to it (still have a box with over 2000 postcards from all over the world) maybe worth investigating as my children loved finding the country the postcard came from on the map.

Thanks for the link - it looks fascinating :thumbsup:

geordiebunny
12-03-2012, 10:46 PM
My friend has started doing this through facebook as far as I am aware, she has penfriends all over the world who are also cm's in their own countries.

julie w
13-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your replies. I joined a penfriend site last night that looked really good, then this morning I have about 60 messages from young foreign men looking for romance lol. Not quite what I had in mind ha ha :blush:

Kiddleywinks
14-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Ooooo...what's the site called? :laughing::laughing: