View Full Version : What to do ??

Gracie's mamma
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't know what to do !!

Our daughter has been awarded a 25% scholarship to a good school.

We don't know if we should take it or not.She is very happy where she is at the moment.

we would have to pay £170.00 EVERY week for the next two years + extras:panic:

It is slightly futher from her currant school.:rolleyes:

Bigger school

A cooked lunch is included - no more packed lunch :clapping:

facilities are brilliant - although we would have to pay for those

She would be appreciated more :clapping:

They would probally stretch her more

The class size will be 12:clapping:

She went to this school for kinder garden and nursery and thrived there and still remembers some of the children.
The state school she is in is good , although the head is useless and should heve retired and is showing no signs of .
A new school hall is about to be finished , some thing they have never had, which will include lunches.

She is in a class of 30 at the moment :panic:

What shall we do ???

12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I suppose the obvious question is can you afford to send her? £800 a month is an awful lot of money - you need to know that you will be able to continue to fund this for a number of years - it would be so much worse to have to move her back again.
I went to public school , but not until secondary age. Im not sure I would send mine at primary age tbh.

12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
It is a lot of money :(

My youngest son went to private school on a scholarship in year 4 and it was a struggle to pay the fees but I never regretted it. Not sure I'd want to do it all again now though!

Good luck whatever you decide.

Miffy xx

Gracie's mamma
12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Miffy , why would you not do it now ??

12-03-2012, 01:56 PM
How old is your daughter?
Is she your only child? If not, would you pay out for the other child/children to go to private school as well?
Is she happy at her present school?

Only you can really answer the question.

We thought about moving our son to a private school when he was 14, as we didn't think the state school he was at was pushing him enough. He passed the exam and was offered a place.

Then, when we sat down and discussed whether to take it up, we decided to leave him where he was as it took him nearly 2 years to make his group of friends and we thought if it took him that long to settle it that would be his GCSE's ruined.

Good luck with whatever you decide xx