PDA

View Full Version : My inspection is due after April BUT

Tippy Toes
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
hI All

Im a bit confused and hope someone can help.

I had my last inspection 2yrs ago in April so Im due one in the next few months.

Received my 'pack' this morning asking me to complete the forms and provide a self assessment, have questionnaires to give to parents etc. But it does not mention an inspection? The pack I received last year said I would be due an unannounced inspection, why does this pack not mention the inspection?

manjay
12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
It is new paperwork Twinkletime. I had mine last weekend and I only had my Inspection 18 months ago. It is not strictly 2 years between inspections. I agree it doesn't make it clear from the covering letter that it is for an inspection but if you read all through the guidlines you will see it mentions that once the paperwork is sent to CSSIW they will perform an unannounced inspection.

The SAS forms have very different questions on than previously so I am having to give my poor old brain cells a bit of a workout to fil it in;)

Tippy Toes
12-03-2012, 01:00 PM
It is new paperwork Twinkletime. I had mine last weekend and I only had my Inspection 18 months ago. It is not strictly 2 years between inspections. I agree it doesn't make it clear from the covering letter that it is for an inspection but if you read all through the guidlines you will see it mentions that once the paperwork is sent to CSSIW they will perform an unannounced inspection.

The SAS forms have very different questions on than previously so I am having to give my poor old brain cells a bit of a workout to fil it in;)

Thanks manjay, so once paperwork is all sent back is the inspection within 3 months?

I have only read the covering note and flicked through the SAS forms but they do look like they are going to be fun to fill in!:panic:

aly
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks manjay, so once paperwork is all sent back is the inspection within 3 months?

I have only read the covering note and flicked through the SAS forms but they do look like they are going to be fun to fill in!:panic:

Yes theoretically!...mine was 5 months lol as they were over run...I was the first guinea pig to try the new way of inspection but was still late lol.

jelly15
12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
My friend receive hers last week, she is having major panic attacks as she can't get her head around the questions she is seriously thinking of packing it all in.. Mine will be two years soon :(

Tippy Toes
13-03-2012, 09:54 AM
My friend receive hers last week, she is having major panic attacks as she can't get her head around the questions she is seriously thinking of packing it all in.. Mine will be two years soon :(

I know the feeling! :panic: It does seem hard to fill in, have only flicked through it at the moment, starting filling in the easier bits.

Tippy Toes
13-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Yes theoretically!...mine was 5 months lol as they were over run...I was the first guinea pig to try the new way of inspection but was still late lol.

Five months! Oh my goodness! I hope mine doesn't take that long.

So what is 'the new way of inspection' is it any different then? I didn't realise?

manjay
13-03-2012, 11:42 AM
It is much more about being able to back up what you write. It has always been quite easy in the past to complete a good self assessment but now the focus is more on providing evidence. It is split into 4 areas; quality of life, quality of staffing, quality of leadership and quality of the environment. So increasing emphasis on experiences and outcomes for anyone using the service. Not just how you do it but why and what is the impact on the children. Much more appropriate in my opinion.

I admit it looks daunting but it really isn't once you get into it. I have requested an electronic copy which I always find easier as then I can play about with what I write until I am happy.

Any more questions give me a shout

amanda x

manjay
13-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Should have said CSSIW are also working towards a 'lighter touch' approach so they will spend differing amounts of time with each setting. Mainly because they have a reduced budget. If you fill in a good SAS with plenty of evidence (that can be provided if requested by your inspector) then they will probably spend a realtively short time with you. Settings that they think need more help and guidance will end up with longer inspections. Ultimately this will also determine the length of time between inspections:D

jelly15
13-03-2012, 12:14 PM
It is much more about being able to back up what you write. It has always been quite easy in the past to complete a good self assessment but now the focus is more on providing evidence. It is split into 4 areas; quality of life, quality of staffing, quality of leadership and quality of the environment. So increasing emphasis on experiences and outcomes for anyone using the service. Not just how you do it but why and what is the impact on the children. Much more appropriate in my opinion.

I admit it looks daunting but it really isn't once you get into it. I have requested an electronic copy which I always find easier as then I can play about with what I write until I am happy.

Any more questions give me a shout

amanda x

I am sure I will need to bend your ear too when it is my turn ;). A childminder near me had one type just before Christmas and another has just had the ones you are talking about. Wonder which ones I'll get :rolleyes:.