PDA

View Full Version : Activity ideas/advice

Kirsty90
11-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Hello,

I've had a lo settling in with me for the last 4 weeks but tomorrow is mum's first day back at work and so his first full day with me. (6:15am start!!)

He's just gone 6 months old and I also have a lo 18 month and a 3 year old, has anyone got any ideas of different things I can do with the three of them or things I can put out that the older ones may enjoy?

I'm hoping its a nice day again so we can spend a lot of it in the garden, maybe have a picnic etc. I have a double buggy but its not very practical so going out anywhere is not really an option.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks

sarah707
11-03-2012, 06:17 PM
First tip - buy a new double buggy! It's not a luxury - it's an investment in your business and will be worth every penny.

Invest in one that is really comfortable to push like the 3 wheelers with the big wheels - mine turns on a sixpence, one handed and the children love sitting in it!

Take the children for lots of walks through the day to the park or somewhere quiet and show them the natural world. It will calm and relax them and help you to put some structure into their routines.

The older one should be more independent and potter around so you can pay more attention to the babies - if not, spent time helping him/her to learn to play properly with the resources and give lots of one-to-one when the little ones are sleeping.

I hope it goes well for you! :D

VeggieSausage
12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
wowsers 6.15 start....i find 7.45 early enough!!

Kirsty90
12-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I got through the day!

I've only been doing this about a month and can honestly say that today was the best/easiest day of Childminding I've had so far even if it was my first full day with 3 lo's!

Thanks for the advice Sarah I've ordered a new double buggy along with a buggy board!! xx