PDA

View Full Version : Keeping things made by children?

Bluebell
11-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi

I've just made a puppet theatre and have ordered some felt puppets so we can make our own puppets. I'd like the children to make some favourite characters and wondered if it would then be ok to keep them for my puppet collection or should I let parents have them when they leave?

Do you keep anything made by the children or does it all eventually go home to parents?

blue bear
11-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I was having this conversation with the leading teacher tge other week, she said it's good for children to make things to contribute to the setting not everthing should be sent home. The only trouble I have is the chdren get upset when they can't take things home ad that's the usual expectation.
As long as you explain to children you are making them to play with and keep at yours I don't see why not.

sarah707
11-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Some of my children get very upset if I ask them to leave things here - even if it's been explained before hand and they are for special occasions.

Others couldn't care less whether they stay here or not... so I think the answer might be, if you want to keep things, you do it with the right children :laughing:

dette
11-03-2012, 04:42 PM
One of my mindees starts every thing we do with"can i take it hoooooome" and if the answer is no like the other day when we planted cress to eat ,she sulked and didntwant to do it,until she saw everyone havin a nice time then joined in with a sour face .I made abig under the sea mobile that we added to every week for a couple of month and i refused to let her take her contributions home until we had finished it and were taking it down.it drove her mad.....

Bluebell
11-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Ok thanks! Maybe I'll just get them to do a production line - so one for me and one for them!!! :D

At the moment I put stuff on the wall and they like that and understand it doesn't go home. we show it off to parents together and then when it gets replaced it goes in their book or home with them. Often if we do craft in the afternoon the paint is still wet so that often stays til next time too.

miffy
11-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok thanks! Maybe I'll just get them to do a production line - so one for me and one for them!!! :D

I think that's a good way round it - bet you'll still get one who doesn't want to do it that way! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Bluebell
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
most of the kids are pretty good actually - I really praise them up and they love their stuff going on the wall here. I know one of the mums doesn't keep any of the stuff we do so I don't bother giving her most of it as I want the child to have a bit of pride in her achievements!

singingcactus
11-03-2012, 08:18 PM
All the kids I've ever had have loved it when they have been able to make a toy or some resource for here. I've never had one fuss before. I think they'll be fine with making the people for the stage.