PDA

View Full Version : Visit from Child Development Team before sending application to Ofsted

Tinkerbell1979
11-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi all,

I finished my pre-reg course last Saturday (3rd March), in this area we have one of the tutors from the course come round to act as Ofsted would to see if you are ready to send of application to Ofsted, if they feel you aren't you have to do the course all over again ! Don't know if that is standard practice but I am now getting quite nervous that I'm gonna fall flat on my face and look an idiot :panic:

I have my portfolio of Polices and Procedures and Risk Assessments, I have 1 Spiderchart in there of an activity (they asked us to do this) and all permission slips, example weekly planner, example menu. Is this all I need to show ?

What sort of things will they be asking, I've been reading up on the EYFS but tbh it's going straight in and straight out again, think because I'm not activitly doing it if you get me it's not going in. Am worried they are gonna ask me a question I can't answer and then say that I'm not ready :panic:

TIA

Jenny x

sarah707
11-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Have a look in free downloads at the top of the forum - the pre-registration booklet from Ofsted covers everything you need to know.

Good luck with your visit :D